The Family of Jan Zetka
Clockwise: Louis, Sophie, Mary, and Johnny Zetka
Jan “John” Zetka was born in April 1858. He came to the United States from Moravia in 1872. He died in 1923 and is buried at Ganado, Jackson County, Texas, in the Assumption Catholic Cemetery.
Jan’s first wife was named Rozarie “Rosie”. She was born in 1856, and she died in 1895. She is buried at Fayetteville, Texas, in the Fayetteville Catholic Cemetery. Jan and Rozarie’s children were:
(1) Annie Zetka Kollaja (2) Franziska “Frances” Zetka Supak (3) Rosalie “Rosie” Zetka Matocha (4) Antonia “Toni” Zetka Kaspar
(5) Joseph “Joe” Zetka (6) Frank Zetka
Jan was later married to Aneska “Agnes” Sulak. Agnes was born in February 1869 or 1870. She came to the United States from Moravia in 1893. She died in 1933 and is buried at Ganado, Jackson County, Texas, in the Assumption Catholic Cemetery. Jan and Aneska’s children were:
(1) Mary Alberta (or Bertha) Zetka Hamons: Mary was born August 24, 1899, in Fayette County, Texas. She died September 30, 1969, and is buried in Ganado, Jackson County, Texas, in the Assumption Catholic Cemetery. Mary was married to Daniel Webster Hamons, who was born April 26, 1902. He died August 26, 1979, in Ganado, Texas, and is buried in Ganado at the Assumption Catholic Cemetery. Dan came to Texas from Alabama.
(2) Sophie Agnes Zetka: Sophie was born September 13, 1901, and died February 24, 1997. She is buried in Ganado, Jackson County, Texas, in the Assumption Catholic Cemetery.
(3) Johnny Zetka: died as a child in an accident
(4) Louis Zetka: Louis and his wife Celestine are buried in Ganado, Jackson County, Texas, in the Assumption Catholic Cemetery.
Jan’s parents are believed to have been: Jan Zetka, who was born October 3, 1826. He came to the United States in 1871 or 1872 from Moravia. He died November 4, 1904. Jan’s wife’s name was Eva. She was born August 6, 1839. She came to the United States in 1872 from Moravia. She died January 27, 1892. Both Jan and Eva are buried at St. Martins Catholic Cemetery, which is located on Highway 237 between Warrenton and Round Top, Texas.
(Sources for this information included:
personal knowledge, personal knowledge of relatives, naturalization records, census records, and cemeteries.)
If you have any additional information or can make corrections to this information, please e-mail: email@example.com
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids