1818 Jan 24 On list of persons for whom land grants ready for delivery (Reel 6038; SZ759 p.428)
At "Nugal Station", Castlereagh Road.
At Rosedale Private Cemetery, Plot 124.
Noted events in his life were:
• He immigrated "free" per Canada. on 14 Dec 1801 to Sydney, Cumberland County, New South Wales.
• Land grant: 50 acres, 1818, Kelso, Roxburgh County, New South Wales. 4
• He was employed in 1823 in Orange, Wellington County, New South Wales. Chief Constable
• He owned slab hut in 1837 in Mudgee, Wellington County, New South Wales. 5 John built a slab hut, the first building in what was to be surveyed as the township of Mudgee. This hut was his dwelling and a general store.
• He was involved in a court case from 16 Oct 1837 to 17 Oct 1837 in Supreme Court of New South Wales, Cumberland County, Sydney, New South Wales. 6 Donnison v. Faunce [www.law.mq.edu.au]
• He owned land granted by the NSW Government on 30 Jun 1840 in Richmond, Cumberland County, New South Wales. 7
• He owned Rosedale Farm from 1850 to 1858 in Bowenfels, Cook County, New South Wales. 2 Establised this property.
• He owned The Australia Arms Inn from 1850 to 1858 in Bowenfels, Cook County, New South Wales. 2 Now known as "Fernhill".
• He owned Nugal Station on Castlereagh Road From 1850 in Coonamble, Leichhardt County, New South Wales. 2
John married Elizabeth Morris, daughter of James Morris and Sarah Mitchell, on 1 Nov 1824 in Castlereagh, Cumberland County, New South Wales.1 (Elizabeth Morris was born on 11 Apr 1808 in Nepean River, Cumberland County, New South Wales and died on 13 Dec 1901 in Coonamble, Leichhardt County, New South Wales, Australia 3 8.) The cause of her death was Senile decay.
At Christ Chruch, Castlereaigh.
1 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), V1824234 155/1824 V18243448 3B/1824.
2 Internet, http://home.pacific.net.au/~chris.hub/page04_Blackman.html.
3 Other Researchers, Marg Curd.
Alan McRae and Carol Churches, Kelso Village Book 1 (Published by Alan McRae and Carol Churches
Printed in Bathurst by Central Commercial Printers Pty Ltd), Page 12.
Gulgong writing group, Travelling down the Cudgegong
Pioneering Mudgee-Gulgong District (ISBN 0 949734 07 1
Publised by Mudgee Visitors Centre), Page 29. This is a reference copied from Elizabeth Curtis' thesis on the history of Mudgee.
6 Sydney Gazette, 19 October 1837.
7 NSW State Government Records, Fiche 3266; 9/2652 p.18. Surety:2
NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 13297/1901. 13297/1901
JAMES & SARAH @ COONAMBLE
Brian Yap (葉文意)
This data in a Gencircles Page. See connections to other people's data. This database on the roots web server.
I do not update this one as oftem ,but it is good for producting reports of ancestors and descendents.
I am now working on a new project at wikicities. Please come and vist and add your info. There are other people in this site, for various reasons, some not related at all. Some are married into my family, some I once thought were related and, turns out, they are not.
www.flickr.com yewenyi's Family History Photos photoset
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids