Christine Lee HowardGenealogical Interests
My long-dormant interest in genealogical research was piqued about a year ago when I ran across the research of Harry Brumbaugh and Ken Gissy into Brumbach and Strickler family lines that passed through Page Co., Va. (Click on their names to check out their impressive WorldConnect family trees.)
Their work has inspired me to pick up my research again. At the moment, I'm concentrating on filling in my Ahnentafel and also working on the following lines:
John Christian JACOBI, born 8 July 1866, either in Missouri or in Adams County, Illinois. His father's name may have been Enoch, John, Gustave, or August Jacobi, and, according to census records, both his parents were born in Germany.
Thomas MARTIN, born July 1833 in England (most likely Sussex).
Susan MARTIN, born 7 June 1827 in or near Bradford, Orange County, Vermont.
William M. RICHARDSON, born 9 May 1821 in Topsham, Orange County, Vermont
Helen Serena (or Serena Helen) SPENCER, born 1824 or 1825 in Massachusetts or New York.
- John P. BROWN, born 1819 or 1820 in Vermont or Massachusetts.
- Caroline M. HARRIS, born about 26 February 1816 in Vermont or Bath, New Hampshire to Jason and Eleanor Harris.
- Moses E. HOWARD, born 1810 to Elijah and Eleanor (Sprague) Howard in New Hampshire or Massachusetts. He lived in Berlin, Washington County, Vt., from at least 1850 to 1880.
- John P. BROWN (1819 or 1820 - ?) and Helen Serena SPENCER (1824 or 1825 - ?) of New England. They were living in the 2nd Ward of Albany, New York in 1850. I have not been able to trace them either before or after that date. They had at least two children, Mary O. Brown (1845-1940) and Helen Brown (born 1846 or 1847).
- George M. Dallas BRUMBACK (1849-1922) and Lazetta Electra STRICKLER (1853-1933) of Page County, Virginia. Sometime between 1881 and 1883 the couple moved to St. Joseph, Missouri. Around 1910, they and eight of their nine children moved to Seattle, Washington.
- Moses E. HOWARD (1810-1890). Moses lived from at least 1850 to 1880 in Berlin, Washington Co., Vermont. His wives were (1) Caroline M. HARRIS (1816-1859) and (2) Ann E. BARROWS (1825 or 1826-after 1880).
- William M. RICHARDSON (1821-1895) and Susan MARTIN (1827-1925) of Orange County, Vermont. Immediately after their marriage in 1847, the couple moved to Addison Township, DuPage Co., Illinois. Around 1888, they moved to Clarinda, Ia. Around 1913, Susan joined their daughter Maria in Seattle, Washington.
Last updated 7 May 2002 by Christine L. Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org), who welcomes questions or comments. My WorldConnect database (xine1) is extremely out of date.