Search billions of records on

Wilsey-Roberts plus others with notes


Living [Parents]


Living [Parents]

Edwin Shuey Wilsey [Parents] was born on 19 Aug 1860 in Bloomville, , Ohio. He died on 19 Sep 1952 in LigonierPennsylvania. He married Living on 7 Aug 1949 in Boseman, , Mt.

No known children.

Living [Parents]


He had the following children:

  F i Living

Nathaniel Pitkin.Nathaniel married Jerusha Pratt.

Jerusha Pratt.Jerusha married Nathaniel Pitkin.

They had the following children:

  F i Dorothy Pitkin

Living [Parents]

She had the following children:

  F i Living



They had the following children:

  M i William Henry Germon or Germain

James Hunt was born in Jun 1816 in , , New York. He married Eleanor (Ellen) Tinklepaugh.

Eleanor (Ellen) Tinklepaugh [Parents] was born in Oct 1834 in Pennsylvania. She married James Hunt.

They had the following children:

  F i Rosana Hunt was born about 1857 in Pennsylvania.
  M ii Robert Hunt was born about 1859 in Pennsylvania.
  F iii Mary Amanda Hunt was born about 1865 in Pennsylvania.
  F iv Ada Victoria Hunt was born about 1868 in Pennsylvania.

Hiram Jefferson Morris [Parents] was born on 17 Jan 1847 in , Bradford County, , Pennsylvania or Me. He died on 11 Apr 1922 in WarsawPennsylvania. He married Anna Ellen Wilson.

Household Record 1880 United States Census

Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household


Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
Jefferson MORRIS Self M Male W 30 NY Laborer NY ME
Ann E. MORRIS Wife M Female W 29 PA Keeping House IRE PA
Huey MORRIS Son S Male W 10 PA At School NY PA
Rosena MORRIS Dau S Female W 8 PA At School NY PA
Hiram MORRIS Son S Male W 6 PA At School NY PA
Ruth R. MORRIS Dau S Female W 4 PA NY PA
Sarepta MORRIS Dau S Female W 2 PA NY PA
Miles MORRIS Son S Male W 3M PA NY PA

Source Information:
Census Place Warsaw, Jefferson, Pennsylvania
Family History Library Film 1255136
NA Film Number T9-1136
Page Number 265C

Marriage License Certificate

This Certifies

That Hiram J. Morris of Warsaw Pa
and Anna E. Wilson of " "
were by me united in the bonds of Marriage, at Warsaw Pa. on the 15th day of March in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and sixty nine conformably to the ordinance of God and the laws of the State of Pennsylvania Sam W. Temple
Justice of the Peace
Taken from a handwritten notebook in the possession of Mrs. Laura Aljoe, Sugar Hill, Pa.

In a little log house near Rome in Rome Township, Bradford Co., Pennsylvania, on January 17, 1849, Hiram Jefferson Morris first opened his eyes to the light of day and here began his eventful career. His father, Newcome Hiram Morris, died at the age of 25 years in the same log house when he was but two years of age. He had one sister, Ruth, and with her and his mother he went to Jake Campbell at Sheshequin and lived two years. Then his mother married Amos Frederick and moved to Dansville, New York. It was then called Rogeshole.
Here was where he first went to school.
Amos was a rough man and after breaking the law he move into the Warren woods to escape officers. They now lived in the woods about seven miles from any habitation except one brother-in-law called Jacob Conroe. The house in which they lived here was a log house about twenty feet square, built of round logs and then chunked and mudded to fill up cracks. Their furniture was just what necessity called for, and the stove resembled the native stove of later years.
Around the house was just a small clearing and then heavy timber was all about with only a path to his uncle's house about a half mile distance, also a road or path leading on to an old abandoned railroad some two miles farther on.
No public road as we know them led there.
Amos lived a reckless life and was not at home long at a time. Sometimes he went away and worked and sometimes hunted and then sometimes was away for two weeks at a time when they did not know where he was. He did not furnish enough for them to eat at times and father often saw his mother take the gun and kill rabbits that came near the house, and expose herself in many ways to get something to eat.
Amos did not like the children and often was harsh and cruel to them. The woods abounded in deer, panther, wild cat, bear, and all such large wild animals, and it was not safe to be far from home after dark unarmed. One night Amos sent father for water to a spring some distance from the house. He had failed to bring the water before dark and this was his punishment. He was only about five or six years old and afraid; he went and when near the spring he heard a rustle in the bushes and something running: he ran to the house and cried and told what he heard and Amos told him that if there were no tracks for proof of his story in the morning he would whip him. In the morning he found deer tracks and so escaped his whipping.
Altho' but a child between five and seven years of age father's memory is very clear to many incidents that happened during his stay in the Warren woods.
His mother was a short solid built woman and used to a hard life. She could handle a gun as well as a broom. At one time she was alone as usual with the children. She had washed and her tub sat on the porch partly filled with water. At night after they had retired they heard something paddling and splashing in the tub of water; she quietly arose and warning the children to keep quiet she reached the gun and aimed it in the direction of the noise; when she pulled the trigger there was a scream, a breaking of glass, and hideous noises. She had wounded a wild cat.
There was a road leading from their house to their uncle's but of course other roads and paths crossing it or leading in other directions and hence it was not a hard matter to miss the right one especially for children. They, father and Ruth had been to their uncle's and were about to return. Their aunt gave them some cucumbers to take home; to Ruth she gave some in her apron and gave father a large one in his arms. They started home but got on the wrong road and walked on and on until they grew tired. They laid down their cucumbers at the roots of a large tree and went on. Finally father became very tired and began crying; then they came around a bend in the road and discovered a long bridge, the ruins of an old railroad bridge. It was now about sunset and they began looking for a place to sleep.
While they were running up and down this bridge they saw a man coming toward them; they were frightened and were sure it was an "Injun", but answered his questions as he asked who they were, where they were going and what their names were. While they were walking with this man, Ruth spied her mother peeping from behind a tree and exclaimed, "I see Mother." Then their mother came to them and the man was no other than their Uncle Jake, whose house they had been to and got the cucumbers. They were so badly lost that they did not know him and were four miles from home. Their mother and uncle had followed them and found the cucumbers by the tree, and so knew which way they had gone. Amos often watched a deerlick and would shoot the deer and bring home the venison. On one such occasion he shot a deer and wounded it; so in the morning he started to find it taking father with him, before breakfast. He had not gone far until he saw that he could not find it without a dog and in order to get a dog to trace it he would have to go to Mowery's about eight miles distance; he therefore sent father back home and directed him how to get there; he childlike followed the path, whether it be a deer path or not and soon lost his way and wandered through the dense woods all day long without anything to eat; at length he grew weary and hungry and began to cry, then about sundown he thought to call his mother; so without hesitating he shouted his mother's name two or three times. He thought he heard an answer in the distance and so continued to call time after time, and each time he could hear the answer nearer; he started toward the voice and after a while he met his mother in the woods. He had gotten on an opposite ridge from his home and his voice carried so well that his mother heard him and started to find him. This is only one of the many experiences he had that stamped themselves indelibly on his memory.
At one time his aunt and cousin being down at his home calling, requested that he and Ruth and their mother go up and spend the night with them; they consented and as it was early in the evening the children were left at the house to wait for the chickens to go to roost so that they could shut the coop door. While waiting they were playing "threshing machine", father standing on a chair and driving the girls around like horses.
Presently he thot (sic) he heard his mother call and he answered, closed coop door and started up the road leading to Uncle Jake's, he was ahead, the girls following and singing. Still at intervals his mother would call and he would answer and trudge on. He thought she seemed to be down in the woods off the road but childlike gave no heed but to answer every time. Presently he saw his mother ahead hiding behind a tree and motioning with her hand to be still and hurry to her. They hurried to her and she told them make all haste for the "calling" was done by a panther.
She had "Uncle Jake's" big dog along and kept urging him to take care of them, while she ran and half dragged them up the opposite slope toward the house. When they reached the top they looked back and saw the beast standing in the road looking after them; he seemed to reach from one side of the road to the other he was such a monster! When they reached the house and told what they had seen, their uncle took his gun and went to find him but he had disappeared in the thick woods and he did not follow him as such animals are not desirable foes in late evening.
Another escape from death was when Amos sat listening to his mother as she read to him on Sunday; the children were playing and became too noisy in their play. Amos became angry with them and rising quickly he grabbed his gun and drew it on them saying as he did that he would shoot them. They ran into a corner frightened, and their mother stepped in front of them and said "If you shoot them you must shoot thru me." This saved them for he put the gun down again to its place for of course he didn't want to shoot her. She was afraid of him too but faced danger, starvation, ill health and even death for her children. Mother love caused her to endure almost everything that human nature could bear to save them.
In a couple of years she gave birth to her third child, a girl she called Mary. And when this baby was a few months old she took her on her arms and with the other two following she started to leave Amos and get away from this desolate home. The snow was deep and she was in poor health and therefore had to sit down many times and rest before resuming her journey. She had gotten four miles on her way when Amos overtook her and made her go back with him.
The children were often left alone while Amos and their mother went for berries. On one occasion they became hungry and all they could find to eat was a little cornmeal. Ruth made mush of it and they ate it; when Amos came home he was hungry too and when he found that the children had eaten all there was in the house he was angry, swore and told them he had a notion to kill them. This was the way he provided for them and this life in the woods, together with exposure, worry about Amos' acts, care of the children and insufficient food caused his mother's health to give way, and she contracted consumption.
Amos' parents in the meantime had moved into these woods too and when she became too weak to walk, she was carried in a chair to her father-in-laws house. She then wrote a letter to her sister, Lurinda Chandler, who lived in Pinecreek, Tioga County and told her of her condition. Mail did not travel then as it does now and when her sister received the letter she started to come to her, but as they traveled by wagon she did not get there until father's mother had been dead ten days. This was in July, when father was seven years old and Ruth nine. Now their best earthly friend was gone and they were to face the hard knocks of the world without a mother's love.
Father knew that his mother was very sick and perhaps would die and Amos sent him to find Bill and _______ Frederick, two brothers who were chopping a short distance from the house, and ask them to go get something for his dying mother to eat. When he was returning he came past his own home where they had some potatoes. His first thot (sic) was that this would be something for mother to eat; so he put it into his pocket to give to her when he got home. When he got in sight of the house he saw Amos walking to and fro in the yard with his hand to his eyes. He called and asked if Mother was dead and Amos nodded that she was, and then he went no farther but sat down on a log and cried for hours.
A poor motherless child of seven in such wild surroundings, his heart was broken!
Before she died she requested that her two children be taken to her uncle, Peter Vought of Bradford County. The baby, Mary, was taken care of by Amos' mother. When Aunt Lurinda came ten days after the death of their mother, she was told the request concerning the children, and so she took them home with her and they stayed with her until winter before going to Vought's. Amos followed the wagon that took the children some distance from home and the last memory they had of him was seeing him standing on a little bridge across a ravine, crying; he watched them until they passed out of view.
When they reached Vought's the following winter, father was not wanted. Vought's had boys of their own but no girls so they kept Ruth but sent father to Anson King's to live about one mile from Vought's. He was now seven years of age and stayed at Kings until he was fourteen years of age. Here is where he got his schooling, in the Vought Hollow school, except one winter he went to the Sanford Prince school, over the hills from home.
It was when he attended this school that he came near being frozen to death; he was very thinly clad and the day was extremely cold and on the way home from school over the hills, with the wind blowing fiercely he became very cold; he says after a time he felt warmer and became drowsy, so he sat down in the snow and was nearly asleep when John Eiklor and Elias Morris, two older boys found him; they were old enough to know his condition and they roused him from his stupor and each taking him by a hand they ran with him until they reached Eiklor's. There he was put into a tub of cold water and this restored him to sensitiveness by taking out the frost. Here Mr. King found him and took him home.
The time he lived at King's from seven to fourteen years of age is what he calls his "fighting period". He had been imposed on a great deal and had no one to take his part and thus he acquired the fighting habit. He had a fiery temper and many times he took offense at things that were not meant in that way; but being small of his age and wiry, he assumed the care of himself and would as soon fight as eat and rather if it was to defend himself. He was no tale-bearer, but carried his own burdens and fought his own battles; if he won he was a winner and if he lost he was a loser and his homefolks didn't have to hear either side of it unless they asked questions. He ventures to say that he was whipped every day and sometimes twice a day while at school; and in nearly every instance it was for fighting.
Some of the teachers to whom he went were William Blair, Linnie Bush, Jeannette Fuller, William Rockwell, and Lemuel Moody. Some of these teachers stand out in memory more than others principally on account of the punishments he received. William Rockwell was the teacher when he was punished for having struck Abbie Thompson and broke her finger. She was much older and larger than he was and was teasing him on the way home from school. It was in the time when the girls and women wore "hoopskirts". He struck her around the "hoops" not knowing he hit her hand. On arriving at school on the following morning he was informed of his offense and forth with the usual event took place. All these events and many more took place before he had reached the age of fourteen. He had seen enough hardships for the ordinary person of twenty one. At the ripe age of fourteen he had quit school and went to live with Adanial King, a brother of Anson King, at Cayuga Lake, N.Y. Anson King had done as well as he could by him, but had a growing family of his own and sent him away for one year, to his brother, for a chance to make things easier for himself.
Father had now reached the age when boys want to have something they can call their own. For working one year for Adanial King he received, besides some clothes and his boarding, $7 dollars. With this he purchased two sheep. He took them home but lost all claim to them at once, for Mr. King regarded his and assumed ownership of them and their offspring.
Another time he was given a piece of grass and Mr. King told him he could have what he received for it. He cut it and threshed out seed and sold it and invested it in a pair of turkeys; that summer they hatched and raised forty turkeys which were sold in the fall to Lyman Prince, a neighbor living some distance away. He was told if he carried these turkeys to Mr. Prince he would get a share of the price. He did and received one dollar as his share.
At the end of one year he went to Rome, Bradford County to see his sister Ruth, he stayed there three months and got homesick for the lakes and went back to Gehial King's where he worked until spring and then went to Charles Kellogg's to work in Schuyler County about twenty miles distance.
After he had worked at Kellogg's for several months he returned to Tomkins County and hired out to a wealthy farmer by the name of Elias Parmalee. He had three daughters, Charlotte was the eldest and beautiful, Katy, the second was very plain, and Emma, the youngest was beautiful and talented. He had not worked long until the farmer began to try to persuade him that he should marry and settle down; he offered him fifty acres of land and a house if he would take Katy, the "ugly duck" but he demurred and left and in his own words got away as fast as he could.
He was of course older and more used to the ways of the world and when now he was given two calves for himself, one given by Orsemus King and one by Chester Prince, he raised them and broke them when three years old and sold them without Mr. Kings knowledge to Sylvester Harsh for $35. This he kept, in spite of the fact that Mr. King considered they were his own property.
Father had never seen his half sister, Mary, since her grandparents had taken her, at the time of his mother's death. He had seen Ruth at intervals but now his thoughts ran back to the baby sister whom he had never seen since he was a small boy.
It was while visiting an aunt at Port Allegheny, Pa. while in search of his mother's grave there that he concluded to find his sister. His aunt helped him find the grave which had a large tree growing on it then, and then told him that the little sister was living and made her home at Brookville, Jefferson County.
He started for Brookville but was told when he reached Ridgway that it was Brockwayville where Frederick lived. He came to Brockwayville but there the postmaster told him that he would have to go to Warsaw to find Fredericks. He supposed Warsaw was a large town and so went with the "stage" to Warsaw. When he reached there he found that Warsaw was only a country Post Office kept by S. W. Temple. He inquired for Fredericks and upon receiving some information started to find him.
He came to a house where he saw a girl busily working, taking apples out of a hole where they had been buried. He thought perhaps it was his sister as she would now be about 16 years old; so he stopped and politely inquired of her if any one by the name of Frederick lived here abouts. She paused a moment and said she did not know of anyone by that name. This was discouraging but he thanked her and started on; after going a short distance she called to him and said an old man lived up on the next farm with his son-in-law Oscar Sandt who was called by that name. This girl, the first one he met after coming here was Miss Anne E. Wilson who afterward became his wife.
He went to the home where Mr. Frederick lived and there stopped and asked to stay over night. He was told to go on down to Hoffman's, the next house, as they kept strangers often. Then he began questioning the old gentleman about this orphan, Mary Frederick, and found out that she was staying at Perry Smith's, about six miles distant. He then inquired about the other two Morris children who were Ruth and himself. They told him that the girl died of consumption at the age of 16 and the boy went away to fight in the Civil War and was killed.
He then made himself known to them and they could not believe him for they had heard he was dead; then he told them where Ruth was and after having a visit he said he must go to Hoffman's and get his supper. Needless to say Hoffman's did not see him that night.
The next day they started to see Mary; as they had no way to go but with horses they went to Wilson's for a team. Miss Anne went along to look after the horses for she was so dependable and such a true hard working girl.
After finding Mary he decided to get her persuaded to go back with him to New York. He cut his knee with an axe and was laid up, all winter. It was during his days of convalescence that he learned to love the neighbor girl whom he married in the following spring. Up until this time he had not had a real home or anyone dependent on him; now life took on new duties, and of course was not so care free as before.
They began housekeeping on a small farm belonging to his father-in-law about 1 mile from Hazen; they lived there about two years and Hugh the eldest son was born. Then he thought of returning to his old home, as the work here was entirely different from where he was raised. There they farmed and had dairies, and cream and cheese factories; here the farms that were cleared up were new and most of the land was still covered with pine timber. Then the trees were cut down and burned in order to cultivate the land and timber was of little value.
Accordingly, they moved to Tompkins Co., New York where the second child Rose was born nearly two years later. Now he realized that the newer country afforded better opportunity to a working man and so when Rose was only a tiny baby they came back to the little farm near Hazen.
The rest of their eight children were born and reared in this vicinity and he provided for their needs with the help of their faithful mother, by working day after day, at any kind of work he could get, and often for as little wages as 62 cents a day. Those days were the days that tried men's souls; with 10 hungry mouths to feed and wages so small and provisions so high in price.
He cleared a great many acres of land in Warsaw township, not only of trees but of stumps and stones. Being agreeable and honest in his work, he could always find work. He often in after years spoke of the guiding hand of the Lord keeping him thru his trying years.
The farm was given to his wife by her father and then they added more acres as they could and finally paid for and owned their own home and raised the ten children to manhood and womanhood without a death in the family.
He became a Christian in his early married life, following the example of his good wife; and his knowledge of the Bible was wonderful. He knew his Bible because he was a diligent student of the same; and one of the dearest memories his children have of him is his teachings and explanations of the Scriptures. He lived to see every one of his children converted and leading Christian lives, chiefly because of his and their mother's training and example. His life from now on was spent on this farm, (with the exception of one winter spent in the Beech-woods settlement) until the spring of 1909 when he sold the farm and moved to the Sibley farm near Sugar Hill, which he and his son Hiram purchased together.
He dug coal for a great many years in mines owned by different men, some of the men he worked for were Frederick at Lindemuth's, Wilson, Mayes, Vasbinder, and Ross. He was no politician and never run for a public office; but no truer American ever lived, his loyalty to the government was marked; he was never heard to speak in any but the highest regard for his country and her laws.
In the fall of 1910 he was stricken with pleural pneumonia and his life was almost dispared of. His mind was a blank during this time and nothing but a miracle ever raised him from his bed of sickness. He described what he saw during this sickness as a vision.
He said he saw nothing in this world that he remembers; but came to a place where a line was drawn and beyond this line was known as "The Land of Silence".
He stood with his toes over the line and the silence was so much more silent than any silence on earth that it was indescribable. He seemed to be standing at one end of a broken tree 90 feet in length; somehow this tree concerned him and he was to walk the length of it. He did and when he reached the end he saw a hand come around the broken stump, then another and then nails were driven thru the hands, for him. He said he felt that the length of this tree was the length of his life and he believed he would live to be ninety years old.
When he recovered, his mind came back by degrees until it was good and strong again but his toes were numb and felt helpless for months where he stood over the line in the Land of Silence. He was not a strong man but retained his usual health until the spring of 1922 when he was stricken with acute indigestion. Altho' he was recovering from that and seemed well on the road to recovery, neuritis took him and so near his heart that he died very suddenly on April 10, 1922.
His was the first death in the family and altho' he is absent from us, his spirit still lives and his good influence will ever be felt in our lives and his teachings come to us and help us over many hard places in life.
We can do him no greater honor than to live as he taught us to live and die as he died - with faith that conquers - and then spend eternity with him in the place prepared for us.

Taken from the "Brockway Record", Friday-April 14, 1922, page 1.


Hiram Jefferson Morris, of Warsaw, Pa., died Monday, April 11, 1922 at 5 P.M. of neuralgia of the heart. He had been sick about 1 week. Mr. Morris was born in Bradford Co., January 17, 1847. He came to Hazen about 54 years ago. He was married to Anna Ellen Wilson, of Warsaw. He followed farming all his life and lived for 15 years in his late home. He was the father of ten children, viz: Hugh, of Allens Mills; Mrs. Louis Lent, Mrs. Harvey Shields, Mrs. J. Doane, of Warsaw, Pa.; Mrs. Wm. Shields, Falls Creek, Pa.; M.G.
Morris, Latrobe, Pa.; Mrs. Bart Smith, Richardsville and Hiram, Grace and Ella at home.
His widow and one half-sister, Mrs. James Mason, of Hazen, Pa., survive him.
He was a member of the M.E. Church at Hazen from which church he was buried Thursday afternoon, April 13, 1922. Rev. Winger conducted the services and interment was made in Temple Cemetery.

Anna Ellen Wilson was born about 1851 in WarsawPennsylvania. She married Hiram Jefferson Morris.

Taken from the Brookville newspaper of August 8, 1935.


Mrs. H.J. Morris, a well known and highly respected resident of Sugar Hill district, died at her home there on Friday morning at 6:10 o'clock, July 26, 1935. Aged 84 years and 3 months, she was a pioneer of Jefferson County, having been born and reared in Warsaw Township where she spent almost her entire life. Nine children survive to mourn their loss, Namely H.G. of Rockdale, Mrs. Lewis Lent of Hazen, Mrs. H.H. Shields of Sugar Hill, M.G. of Natrona, Mrs. B.P. Smith of Richardsville, Mrs. Jay Doane of Rockdale, and Grace, Ella and Hiram at home. Her husband preceded her in death 13 years ago, and a daughter, Mrs. W.A. Shields 4 years ago. Also surviving are 28 grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren. She found Christ in early married life and united with Hazen M.E. Church and has been a faithful member of the same for nearly 60 years, living a consistent Christian life.
Her passing was not unexpected, she having been critically ill for 11 weeks during which time her suffering was great, and to those who witnessed it, it was heart rendering. Yet through it all she was patient, uncomplaining, and showed unswerving faith in God. She repeatedly expressed her willingness to abide by God's will, but seemed to feel that "to depart and be with Christ were far better." To meet and talk with her was a help and inspiration to better living. By her life and teaching she led every one of her children to accept Christ and her works do live after her.
Her body was laid to rest in the family lot at Temple Cemetery on Sunday, July 28. Rev. Mr. Swanson officiated at services held in the M.E. Church at Hazen.

They had the following children:

  M i Hugh Gailbreath Morris
  F ii Apolina N. (Rosena) Morris
  M iii Hiram Nacom Morris was born on 12 Sep 1873 in Warsaw Township, Jefferson County, , Pennsylvania. He died on 4 Feb 1946.
  F iv Arminta (Mainte) Ruth R. (Minta) Morris
  F v Sarepta Vilette (Maggie or Lettie) Morris
  M vi Miles Garner Morris
  F vii Grace Elizabeth Morris was born on 19 Nov 1882 in Warsaw Township, Jefferson County, , Pennsylvania. She died on 12 Jun 1964 in Falls Creek, Jefferson County, , Pennsylvania.




November 19, 1882


June 12, 1964


Winrot Carlson Funeral Home
Brockway, Pa.
Sunday 2:30 P.M.


Rev. Jay Pifer


Temple Cemetery
  F viii Mary Betha Morris
  F ix Ella Ellen Morris was born on 30 Oct 1887 in Warsaw Township, Jefferson County, , Pennsylvania. She died on 26 Mar 1974 in Dubois, Clearfield County, , Pennsylvania.


In Memory Of
Born October 30, 1887
Died March 26, 1974
Funeral Service Friday 1:00 P.M.
Carlson Funeral Home
Brockway, Pa.
Minister Rev. Laverne Howard
Interment Temple Cemetery


Ella E. Morris

Falls Creek - Miss Ella E. Morris, 86, Falls Creek, R.D. 1, died this morning in Maple Avenue Hospital.
Funeral Services will be conducted Friday at 1 p.m. from the Carlson Funeral Home in Brockway. The Rev. Laverne Howard will officiate. Interment follows in Temple cemetery, Hazen.
Friends will be received at the funeral home Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. and Thursday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m.
Miss Morris was born in Warsaw Twp. Oct. 30, 1887, daughter of Jefferson and Annie Wilson Morris. She never married.
The deceased was the last surviving member of her family, and was a member of the Hazen United Methodist Church.Surviving are several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by six sisters and three brothers.
  F x Nettie Francis Morris


Apolina N. (Rosena) Morris [Parents] was born on 25 Sep 1871 in , Tompkins County, New York. She died on 5 Jul 1948. She married Living.

Apolina's name may be Rose Anna Morris

Home First Previous Next Last

Surname List | Name Index