Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Adjusting the Album Page


 

The photo was taken using the matrix lightmetering mode on the nikon 950.  Since the center was quite dark, it tries to lighten the image overall.   To my eye, the scrollwork border and the pencilled in name were a little too light.   I again masked the image as previously done, but this time I applied the brightness curve transformation to the area outside of the mask.  I set a control point for the lightest and darkest areas I could find for the scrollwork, and for the darkest portion of the album page I could find (If I just darken the whole page, the album starts looking an ugly dirty beige).  I then used the control points to darken the scrollwork while leaving the brightness of the album intact.

Next, we'll start cleaning up some of the stains, pits, and scratches in the image.

 

Previous Page        Home         Next Page