Descendants of John Christopher Davis
Generation No. 1
1. John Christopher DAVIS d: 1786 Anson Co, NC John's will was probated 4-6-1786, devised his estate to his wife and sons Arthur, Thomas, Lewis and John Davis and four daughters.
+ Mary HENDERSON.
Children of JOHN DAVIS and MARY HENDERSON are:
i. Thomas DAVIS.
ii. LEWIS DAVIS b: NC
2. vii. Arthur DAVIS b: 1755 Anson Co, NC d: 1830 Montgomery Co, AL (oldest son)
3. viii. John DAVIS b: 1818 GA
Generation No. 2
2. Arthur DAVIS (John Christopher) b: 1755 Anson Co, NC moved to GA in the latter 1790's, when the government was giving land grants to Rev. soldiers for their services in the Revolution. d: 1830 Montgomery Co, AL
+ Mary VICKS b: Anson Co, NC?? m: 1797 Washington Co, GA
Children of Arthur DAVIS and Mary VICKS are:
i. Stafford DAVIS b: 1786 Anson Co, NC m: Penelope LOTT.
4. ii. James DAVIS b: 1787 Cheraw District, SC d: 1857 Ware Co, GA
iii. William DAVIS b: 1790 Anson Co, NC - moved to Thomas Co m: MISHEL ?
iv. Jane DAVIS b: 1794 m: Henry HOWARD.
v. Arthur DAVIS b: 1797 Anson Co, NC m: Charlotte ADAMS
Thomas Andrew DAVIS b: m: Cemanthy MCLENDON
Meranthy DAVIS m: Alexander SPIVEY
Edmund SPIVEY [my grandfather]
vi. Daniel DAVIS b: 1801
5. vii. Rhoda DAVIS b: 1805
3. John DAVIS (John Christopher1) b: 1818 GA
+ M. TILLY
Notes for JOHN DAVIS: Not sure if this is the correct John Davis or not, but his age is likely and
the daughter, Mary Delila, of course could have been born after the 1850 census. Need to look up 1860 Census of Columbia, Co. FL and check..
More About John DAVIS: Caste: 1870, Nassau County Florida Census Ref:: Eunice Mott
Children of John DAVIS and M. TILLY are:
i. Daniel DAVIS b: 1850 GA
ii. Theresa DAVIS b: 1852 GA m: Joe HADDOCK.
iii. Monroe DAVIS b: 11-16-1854 GA
6. iv. Deloniga DAVIS b: 1856 FL
v. Levi DAVIS b: 1860 FL
vi. John William DAVIS b: 1862 GA
7. vii. Mary Delila DAVIS b: 1-7-1863 FL d: 12-21-1937
viii. Sarah DAVIS b: 1864 FL m: SMITH
ix. Ella DAVIS b: 1867 FL m: MCINTOSH
x. Easaw DAVIS b: 1878 Census: 1895, Nassau County Florida Census
Generation No. 3
4. James DAVIS b: 1787 Cheraw District, SC His parents returned in his childhood to Anson Co, NC and he grew up there and in Washington Co. (now Montgomery Co, GA). Private in McIntosh Co, Militia in War of 1812 He enlisted at Darien in 1813 in Capt. Samuel Owens Co. of McIntosh Co. Militia, and served six months, all as shown by his county land application made in Ware Co., now Pierce Co.9-1-1855. In 1830, 1840, 1850 censuses he was living in the 584th district of Ware Co (which district was cut into Pierce Co. in 1858). d: there abt 1857 believed to be buried at Ramah Church Cem by his last wife, who died Aug. 12, 1888. Her grave is marked, but his is not. Ref.: "Pioneers of Wiregrass Ga." by Folks Huxford. Submitted by: Helen B. Hodges, Callahan, Fl. d: 1857 Ware Co, GA
+ (1) Mary BURGESS, dau of Moses BURGESS of McIntosh Co, d: abt 1820
+ (2) Elizabeth ? b: SC 1800 or after but her tombstone in Ramah Church Cemetery in Pierce Co. says she was born 1794, which was probably incorrect. D: 8-12-1888 buried at Ramah Church Cem
Children of JAMES DAVIS and MARY BURGESS are:
i. MOSES B.4 DAVIS, b. 1812.
8. ii. DANIEL D. DAVIS, b. 1814; d. 1914.
iii. JAMES MADISON DAVIS, b. 1816; m. NANCY CARTER.
iv. MARTHA DAVIS, b. 1817; m. JOHN A. SPIVEY.
v. SANDELL DAVIS, b. 1818.
Children of JAMES DAVIS and ELIZABETH are:
vi. GEORGE W.4 DAVIS, b. 1829; m. JANE.
vii. CAROLINE DAVIS, b. 1831.
viii. HESTER DAVIS, b. 1834; m. DRED BYRD.
ix. MALISSE, b. 1836.
x. AMANDA DAVIS, b. 1839.
xi. MARY DAVIS, b. 1841; m. THOMPSON HARRIS.
xii. HARLEY DAVIS, b. 1848; m. SUSAN ASPINWALL.
5. RHODA3 DAVIS (ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) was born 1805. She married (1) JOEL LOTT, son of JOEL LOTT. She married (2) JOEL LOTT 1821, son of JOEL LOTT.
Child of RHODA DAVIS and JOEL LOTT is:
9. i. DELIAH4 LOTT, b. July 09, 1822, Telfair Co., (now Coffee Co., GA).
Children of RHODA DAVIS and JOEL LOTT are:
ii. DELILAH4 DAVIS, b. July 09, 1822; m. EARLE ARCHIBALD DAVIS, March 27, 1838, Ware Co., Ga.
iii. MARGARET LOTT, b. January 11, 1824.
iv. FRANCES LOTT, b. January 23, 1826.
v. DANIEL LOTT, b. March 09, 1828.
vi. THOMAS LOTT, b. October 20, 1842; d. August 28, 1862, Killed at 2nd Manassas..
More About THOMAS LOTT: Occupation: CSA
6. DELONIGA3 DAVIS (JOHN2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) was born 1856 in FL.
Child of DELONIGA DAVIS is:
i. LILIA4 DAVIS, b. FL; m. TOM DAVIS.
7. MARY DELILA3 DAVIS (JOHN2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) was born January 07, 1863 in Fl, and died December 21, 1937. She married SAMUEL B. MCGLEW.
More About MARY DELILA DAVIS: Burial: Bueford Grove Cem., Nassau Co., FL
More About SAMUEL B. MCGLEW: Burial: Bueford Grove Cem., Nassau Co., FL Occupation: Co. D, 2nd Regt. Mass. Cav., CSA
Children of MARY DAVIS and SAMUEL MCGLEW are:
10. i. ANNIE ELLEN4 MCGLEW.
ii. JOHN MCGLEW. still living - details excluded
iii. MINNIE MCGLEW. still living - details excluded
iv. ARTHOR MCGLEW. still living - details excluded
v. WINNIEFRED MCGLEW. still living - details excluded
Generation No. 4
8. Daniel D. DAVIS b: 1814 d: 1914
+ Rebecca HALL dau of Lewis HALL & Nancy COLLY.
Child of DANIEL DAVIS and REBECCA HALL is:
11. i. ABNER H.5 DAVIS, b. 1856; d. May 17, 1887.
9. DELIAH4 LOTT (RHODA3 DAVIS, ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) b: July 09, 1822 Telfair Co., (now Coffee Co., GA). m: EARLE ARCHIBALD DAVIS March 27, 1838 (son of EARLE DAVIS)
Child of DELIAH LOTT and EARLE DAVIS is:
12. i. EARLE5 DAVIS, b. February 10, 1837, Appling Co., GA.
10. ANNIE ELLEN4 MCGLEW (MARY DELILA3 DAVIS, JOHN2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1). m: WILBERT FRISCUS MOTT ( son of BURTON MOTT & JANE GREEN)
Notes for ANNIE ELLEN MCGLEW: still living - details excluded
Notes for WILBERT FRISCUS MOTT: still living - details excluded
Child of ANNIE MCGLEW and WILBERT MOTT is:
13. i. WILBUR F.5 MOTT.
Generation No. 5
11. ABNER H.5 DAVIS (DANIEL D.4, JAMES3, ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) was born 1856, and died May 17, 1887. He married MARY LOUISE BRADDOCK May 17, 1877, daughter of JOHN BRADDOCK and MARY HIGGINBOTHAM.
Children of ABNER DAVIS and MARY BRADDOCK are:
i. BELL6 DAVIS still living - details excluded
ii. MINNIE DAVIS still living - details excluded
iii. EDNA DAVIS. still living - details excluded
iv. LESTER DAVIS still living - details excluded
v. DAISY DAVIS still living - details excluded
vi. PATRICK DAVIS still living - details excluded
14. vii. LULA EDITH DAVIS.
12. EARLE5 DAVIS (DELIAH4 LOTT, RHODA3 DAVIS, ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) b: February 10, 1837 in Appling Co., GA m: ISABEL HADDOCK.
More About EARLE DAVIS:
Ref:: Eunice Mott
Notes for ISABEL HADDOCK: still living - details excluded
Children of EARLE DAVIS and ISABEL HADDOCK are:
15. i. LIVONIA6 DAVIS, b. May 10, 1886, Nassau Co., Fl; d. January 08, 1960, Jacksonville Duval Co., Fl.
16. ii. NORA DAVIS, b. May 14, 1899, Nassau Co., Fl; d. February 24, 1981.
13. WILBUR F.5 MOTT (ANNIE ELLEN4 MCGLEW, MARY DELILA3 DAVIS, JOHN2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) m: EUNICE ARMSTRONG, daughter of JAMES ARMSTRONG and LUCY PARISH.
Children of WILBUR MOTT & EUNICE ARMSTRONG are:
i. MARTHA NELL6 MOTT.
ii. PAUL MOTT.
Generation No. 6
14. LULA EDITH6 DAVIS (ABNER H.5, DANIEL D.4, JAMES3, ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1). She married WILLIAM M. NELSON.
Notes for LULA EDITH DAVIS: still living - details excluded
Children of LULA DAVIS and WILLIAM NELSON are:
i. RUTH7 NELSON.
ii. BERNICE NELSON, m. LIMEHOUSE.
iii. MARIE NELSON, m. MCGEE.
15. LIVONIA6 DAVIS (EARLE5, DELIAH4 LOTT, RHODA3 DAVIS, ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) was born May 10, 1886 in Nassau Co., Fl, and died January 08, 1960 in Jacksonville Duval Co., Fl. She married LUCIAN ALEXANDER STEPHEN HODGES August 17, 1904, son of GEORGE HODGES and CECILIA NELSON.
More About LIVONIA DAVIS:
Burial: Edgewood Cem., Jacksonville, Fl
More About LUCIAN ALEXANDER STEPHEN HODGES:
Burial: Edgewood Cem. Jacksonville, Fl
Children of LIVONIA DAVIS and LUCIAN HODGES are:
17. i. KENNETH C.7 HODGES.
18. ii. BESSIE GENEVA HODGES.
19. iii. GEORGE EARL HODGES, b. July 08, 1905, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl; d. April 08, 1963, Jacksonville Duval Co., Fl.
iv. MARGARET NELSON HODGES, b. June 13, 1907, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl; d. July 09, 1995, Jacksonville Duval Co., Fl; m. (1) WALTON A. SCHURENE; m. (2) MARVIN FRAZIER, June 16, 1934.
More About MARGARET NELSON HODGES:
Burial: Edgewood Cem., Jacksonville, Fl
20. v. CELIA BELL HODGES, b. December 13, 1909, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl; d. May 08, 1974, Sanford, NC.
21. vi. KATIE LEE HODGES, b. April 20, 1912, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl; d. October 24, 1995.
22. vii. LULA ADELE HODGES, b. March 29, 1914, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl.
23. viii. QUINTON LOUISE HODGES, b. May 18, 1916, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl.
24. ix. VEDA GERTRUDE HODGES, b. May 08, 1918, Hilliard, Nassau Co., Fl.
x. LELAND MILES HODGES, b. September 13, 1923, Hollister, Putnam Co., FL; d. June 13, 1924, 9 month old, in Hollister, Fl.
16. NORA6 DAVIS (EARLE5, DELIAH4 LOTT, RHODA3 DAVIS, ARTHUR2, JOHN CHRISTOPHER1) was born May 14, 1899 in Nassau Co., Fl, and died February 24, 1981. She married GANDOLFO DIMARIA.
More About NORA DAVIS:
Burial: Bueford Grove Cem., Nassau Co., FL
USIGS MILITARY COLLECTION
THE INDIAN WARS ERA
From Jamestown to The Wars of Westward Expansion
Davis T B Pvt, 09:051-52
Davis, Alfred Pvt, 02:090-91
Davis, Alfred A Pvt, 02:088-89
Davis, Andrew Pvt, 10:027
Davis, Benjamin Pvt, 08:013-14, 08:015-16, 02:025-26, 05:070-71, 05:072-73, 05:076-77
Davis, Darling Pvt, 07:011-12
Davis, E B 1st Lt, 09:075-76
Davis, E J Pvt, 10:027
Davis, E P Sgt, 10:080-81
Davis, E W Pvt, 07:047-48, 02:092-93
Davis, Earl Pvt, 09:003-4
Davis, Elbert M Pvt, 10:097-98, 05:003, 10:099-100
Davis, Enoch Pvt, 08:011-12, 08:013-14, 08:015-16, 05:070-71, 05:072-73, 05:074-75,
Davis, Enos B Pvt, 09:005-6, 09:007-8
Davis, Err Pvt, 09:001-2, 09:005-6, 09:007-8
Davis, George Pvt, 07:015-16, 07:019-20, 07:021-22, 10:068-69, 02:072-73, 02:074-75
Davis, J Pvt, 10:040-41
Davis, J B Corp, 10:062-63
Davis, J H Pvt, 07:035-36
Davis, Jackson Corp, 05:076-77 Pvt, 08:011-12, 08:013-14, 08:015-16, 05:070-71, 05:072-73, 05:074-75
Davis, Jacob Corp, 10:015-16, 09:029-30, 09:031-32 Pvt, 02:029-30, 09:033-34, 09:035-36, 10:062-63, 10:064-65
Davis, James Pvt, 03:056, 03:058
Davis, John Pvt, 08:103-104
Davis, John J H Pvt, 10:062-63
Davis, L B Corp, 10:064-65 Pvt, 10:015-16 Sgt, 09:029-30
Davis, Levi Pvt, 09:005-6, 09:007-8
Davis, Lewis Pvt, 02:068-69
Davis, Lewis B Pvt, 07:035-36, 04:001, 04:003 Sgt, 09:031-32, 09:033-34, 09:035-36
Davis, Lewis C Pvt, 08:095-96
Davis, Lewis G Pvt, 02:052-53, 02:070-71, 08:097-98
Davis, Loami Pvt, 08:050-51, 08:052-53
Davis, Mark Pvt, 06:014-15
Davis, Mathew Pvt, 06:010-11, 06:012-13, 06:014-15
Davis, Matthew Pvt, 06:008-9, 06:007
Davis, Nathaniel Corp, 07:097-98
Davis, Peter H Pvt, 10:015-16, 09:029-30, 09:031-32, 09:035-36
Davis, Peter M Pvt, 09:033-34
Davis, Samuel Pvt, 02:019-20, 02:032-33, 10:036-37, 10:038-39, 08:039-40, 08:044-45,
08:046-47, 08:048-49, 02:031, 04:049, 04:051
Davis, Stafford Pvt, 06:008-9, 06:010-11, 06:012-13, 06:014-15, 06:007, 03:097
Davis, T Pvt, 09:053-54
Davis, Thomas Pvt, 10:009-10, 04:049, 04:051
Davis, Thomas d Bugler, 06:026-27
Davis, Thomas D Bugler, 06:028-29, 06:030-31
Davis, Thomas H Corp, 06:020-21
Davis, Thomas S Pvt, 06:008-9, 06:010-11, 06:012-13, 06:007
Davis, W L Pvt, 09:001-2, 09:003-4
Davis, W T Pvt, 09:001-2, 09:003-4
Davis, Wilborn L Pvt, 10:048-49
Davis, Wilbron Pvt, 09:011-12
Davis, Wilburn Pvt, 09:009-10
Davis, William Corp, 06:064-65, 10:068-69, 08:084-85, 04:078 Pvt, 06:034-35, 02:044-45, 02:046-47, 10:074-75, 04:005
Davis, William B Pvt, 10:097-98, 05:003, 10:099-100
Davis, William F Pvt, 05:099-100
Davis, William G Pvt, 04:039(2), 04:041(2), 04:043
Davis, William T Pvt, 05:101-102
Davis, Wm Pvt, 06:060-61, 06:062-63
Davis, Wm B Corp, 08:052-53
Davis, Zachariah Pvt, 10:015-16, 07:037-38
Davis, Zech Pvt, 07:033-34
Davis,Thomas S Pvt, 06:014-15