Abraham Standish Hartrick
- Born: 4 Jun 1854, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
- Marriage: Mary Ann Watkins on 13 Feb 1882 in Gore St Registry Office, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
- Died: 11 Dec 1927, Balnarring, Vic., Australia at age 73 325
- Buried: 13 Dec 1927, Crib Point, Vic., Australia
More photographs and documernt images held - available on request.
Electoral roll images for 1903-1924 held.
Abraham and Mary and their daughter Mary Matilda and her husband Herbert John NEVILLE were all living at Ballnarring, Vic. in 1914
Abraham was the family member delegated to travel to Launceston, Tasmania following the death of Tracy Watkins - his wife's father. In the event he located Tracy's second (bigamous) wife Johanna (Littlewood) and found that 'she had nothing'.
The above information was taken from an interview with Abraham and Mary (nee Watkins) Hartricks' son - William Hartrick conducted in 1977 by the Warrandyte Historical Society. A copy of this interview is held on audio tape.
Russell Ray (Ray) Watkins recalled "As a lad of about 8 or 9 years old we visited them twice - from what I can remember my uncle Abe was a real old grump. Aunt mary Ann was a bright old soul. They had quite a large family but I only ever met Mary Matilda Hartrick who was married to Herbert John Neville. Now he owned a garage in Balnarring. The garage was close to where the family lived. Mary Matilda Hartrick was known to our family as "Polly'. It must have been 1924 or so when I saw them. Polly, as I knew her had a baby son known as Raymond. Polly was a very outgoing type of person
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Miner.
• Registered Marriage, 13 Feb 1882, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. 318
• Court, 20 Apr 1896, Andersons Creek, Victoria, Australia. 425 Convicted of assault and filed 1s, with 4s 6d costs.
• Investigation: Diary, early 1901, Launceston, Tas., Australia. 426
• Electoral Roll, 1903, Walhalla, Vic., Australia. 427
• Electoral Roll, 1909, Ringwood, Vic., Australia. 428
• Electoral Roll, 1914, Dromana, Vic., Australia. 429
• Electoral Roll, 1919, Dromana, Vic., Australia. 430
• Electoral Roll, 1924, Dromana, Vic., Australia. 431
• Registered Death, 1927, Hastings, Vic., Australia. 432
• Newspaper Article: in Memorium, 11 Dec 1930, Melbourne, Vic, Australia. 325 The Argus
Abraham married Mary Ann Watkins, daughter of Tracy Watkins and Caroline Gittoes, on 13 Feb 1882 in Gore St Registry Office, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia. (Mary Ann Watkins was born on 2 Mar 1865 in Diamond Creek Near Eltham, Victoria, Australia, died on 6 Oct 1945 in Balnarring, Vic., Australia 316 and was buried in Oct 1945 in Crib Point, Vic., Australia.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Registered Marriage, 13 Feb 1882, Registry Office, Gore Street, Fitzroy, Vi.C, Australia. 326