Generation No. 1
1. MOSES1 CANTINE1,2,3,4 was born Bef. 1651 in Royan, Bordeaux, France5,6,7,8, and died September 09, 1744 in Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York9,10,11,12. He married ELIZABETH DEYO13,14,15,16 Abt. 1693 in Kingston, Ulster Co., New York17,18,19,20, daughter of CHRISTIAN DEYO and JEANNE VERBEAU. She was born Bet. 1649 - 1653 in Mutterstadt, Mannheim Parish, Prussia21,22,23,24, and died March 27, 1741 in New Paltz, Ulster Co., New York25,26,27,28.
Child of MOSES CANTINE and ELIZABETH
2. i. PETER2 CANTINE, b. March 21, 1692/93, New Paltz, New York; d. October 25, 1769, Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York.
Generation No. 2
2. PETER2 CANTINE (MOSES1)29,30,31,32 was born March 21, 1692/93 in New Paltz, New York33,34,35,36 Baptised: May 21, 169357,58,59, and died October 25, 1769 in Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York37,38,39,40. He married ELIZABETH BLANCHAN41,42,43,44 June 16, 1715 in New Paltz, New York45,46,47,48, daughter of MATTHEW BLANCHAN and MARGARET VAN SCHOONHAVEN. She was born Abt. 169249,50,51,52.
Children of PETER CANTINE and
ELIZABETH BLANCHAN are:
i. ELIZABETH3 CANTINE63,64,65,66, b. January 29, 1715/16
ii. MARGARET CANTINE75,76,77,78, b. July 23, 1718
iii. ELIZABETHCANTINE87,88,89,90, b. February 01, 1719/20
3. iv. MATTHEW CANTINE, b. September 10, 1721.
v. MARIA CANTINE99,100,101,102, b. December 23, 1722
vi. NATHANIEL CANTINE111,112,113,114, b. October 10, 1724
vii. CATHERINE CANTINE123,124,125,126, b. March 13, 1725/26
4. viii. ABRAHAM CANTINE, b. December 08, 1729
ix. PETER CANTINE135,136,137,138, b. December 28, 1730
x. CORNELIA CANTINE147,148,149,150, b. March 20, 1731/32
5. xi. JOHN CANTINE, b. October 20, 1735; d. April 30, 1808, Caroline, New York.
xii. CAPTAIN MOSES CANTINE159,160,161,162, b. December 06, 1716; d. Aft. 1780, of New York; m. MARIA SLECHT171,172,173, December 01, 1739, Kingston, Ulster Co., New York174,175,176. 1780, Rev. War - New York Militia177,178,179,180
Generation No. 3
3. MATTHEW3 CANTINE (PETER2, MOSES1)181,182,183,184
was born September 10, 1721185,186,187,188. He
married KATRINA NOTTINGHAM193,194,195 December 09, 1744 in Kingston, Ulster Co., New York196,197,198, daughter of WILLIAM NOTTINGHAM and MARGARET RUTSEN. She was baptised January 3, 1720/21, Kingston199,200,201; d. 1789. From Historical Genealogy of the Lawrence Family; "From this time Mr. Lawrence was the only attending member of the convention, from the county of Queens. On the 9th of May, 1777, he, William Harper, and Matthew Cantine, were appointed commissioners to superintend the manufacture of gun flints, sulphur, lead, and salt; the want of which was severely felt, and which could not then be obtained from abroad. In the course of his duties, he visited the Oneida Indians, procured the holding of a council of their chiefs, made satisfactory experiments on the waters of some of the salt springs, in the western part of the State, and contracted with the Indians for such salt as they might be able to produce. Some veins of excellent lead-ore were also discovered, but not in sufficient quantity to justify the working of them. The supplies afterwards obtained from France and elsewhere superseded the necessity of further efforts on the part of the commissioners." Frequently made 20 mile trip to visit daughter Boice's family202,203,204,205. Tradition says they didn't think John Boice good enough for their daughter Ann206,207,208,209
Children of MATTHEW CANTINE and
KATRINA NOTTINGHAM are:
i. CATHARINA4 CANTINE213,214,215.
ii. CORNELIA CANTINE216,217,218.
iii. ELIZABETH CANTINE219,220,221, Baptised: March 22, 1746/47, Kingston, Ulster Co., New York, Sponsors: William Nottingham and his wife Elisabeth Kantein222
iv. GRIETJIEN CANTINE223,224,225.
v. JOHN CANTINE226,227,228.
vi. WILLIAM CANTINE229,230,231.
6. vii. ANN CANTINE, b. March 07, 1756, of Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York; d. March 11, 1832, Shokan, Ulster Co., New York.
4. ABRAHAM3 CANTINE (PETER2, MOSES1)232,233,234,235 was born December 08, 1729236,237,238,239. He married ELISABETH DELAMATER244,245,246,247 November 19, 1756248,249,250,251, daughter of MARTIN DELAMATER. She was born Abt. 1736252,253,254,255.
Children of ABRAHAM CANTINE and
ELISABETH DELAMATER are:
7. i. MARTIN4 CANTINE, b. August 10, 1760; d. March 07, 1778.
ii. PETER CANTINE263,264,265,266, b. September 06, 1765267,268,269,270.
iii. ELIZABETH CANTINE275,276,277,278, b. December 02, 1766279,280,281,282.
iv. JANE CANTINE287,288,289,290, b. December 02, 1766291,292,293,294.
v. ABRAHAM CANTINE299,300,301,302, b. 1770303,304,305,306.
8. vi. MARIA CANTINE, b. February 06, 1775.
vii. COLONEL JOHN CANTINE311,312,313,314, b. 1770315,316,317,318; d. Aft. 1781, of New York319,320,321,322. Town offices: 1778, 1781, Rev. War - New York Militia323,324,325,326
5. JOHN3 CANTINE (PETER2, MOSES1)327,328,329,330 was born October 20, 1735331,332,333,334, and died April 30, 1808 in Caroline, New York335,336,337,338. He married MARY BRODHEAD339,340,341,342 October 28, 1761 in Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York343,344,345,346, daughter of WESSEL BRODHEAD and CATHERINE. She was born 1735347,348,349,350, and died October 23, 1791351,352,353,354.
Children of JOHN CANTINE and
MARY BRODHEAD are:
i. ELIZABETH4 CANTINE355,356,357,358, b. August 14, 1763359,360,361,362; d. 1833363,364,365,366; m. GERRIT ABEEL367,368,369,370 ii. CATHARINE CANTINE383,384,385,386, b. February 17, 1765387,388,389,390; d. 1829391,392,393,394; m. JACOB DEPUY395,396,397,398
iii. MARIA CANTINE411,412,413,414, b. December 02, 1767415,416,417,418; d. 1838419,420,421,422; m. ISAIAH CHAMBERS.
iv. JOHN CANTINE439,440,441,442, b. October 04, 1769443,444,445,446; d. 1834447,448,449,450; m. JACQUELINE MARGUERITE CART451,452,453,454, April 24, 1798455,456,457,458; b. Abt. 1781, SWITZERLAND459,460,461,462; d. April 28, 1859, ITHACA, NY463,464,465,466.
9. v. CHARLES CANTINE, b. September 24, 1771; d. 1831.
vi. MOSES I. CANTINE467,468,469,470, b. January 18, 1774471,472,473,474
Generation No. 4
6. ANN4 CANTINE (MATTHEW3, PETER2, MOSES1)479,480,481
was born March 07, 1756 of Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York482,483,484,485,
Christening: March 28, 1756, Old Dutch Church, Kingston, Ulster Co., New
York by it's 7th pastor509,510,511,512 and died March 11,
1832 in Shokan, Ulster Co., New York486,487,488,489.
She married JOHN BOICE490,491,492
Abt. 1789493,494,495,496, son of PETER
BOICE and ANNAH HALL. He was born May 02, 1760 of Dutchess Co.,
New York?497,498,499,500, and died May 15, 1846 in Shokan,
Ulster Co., New York501,502,503,504. Burial with husband:
Sand Hill Cemetary, Shokan, then moved to Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Mt. Trempar,
N.Y.505,506,507,508 See Boice page for more information
on this family.
7. MARTIN4 CANTINE (ABRAHAM3, PETER2, MOSES1)553,554,555,556 was born August 10, 1760557,558,559,560, and died March 07, 1778561,562,563,564. He married ELIZABETH NOTTINGHAM565,566,567.
Child of MARTIN CANTINE and ELIZABETH
15. i. MOSES5 CANTINE.
8. MARIA4 CANTINE (ABRAHAM3, PETER2, MOSES1)568,569,570,571 was born February 06, 1775572,573,574,575. She married CHARLES CANTINE580,581,582,583 1796584,585,586,587, son of JOHN CANTINE and MARY BRODHEAD. He was born September 24, 1771588,589,590,591, and died 1831592,593,594,595. Baptised: March 24, 1775596,597,598
Children of MARIA CANTINE and
CHARLES CANTINE are:
i. MARIA5 CANTINE
ii. ANN ELIZABETH CANTINE
16. iii. HARRIET CANTINE, b. November 06, 1801, Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York; d. July 17, 1880, Caroline, New York.
iv. ELIZABETH CANTINE
v. JANE CANTINE
vi. CHRISTINA CANTINE
vii. RACHEL CANTINE
viii. CHARLES CANTINE
ix. MARGARET GERTRUDE CANTINE
9. CHARLES4 CANTINE
(JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1)695,696,697,698
was born September 24, 1771699,700,701,702, and died 1831703,704,705,706.
He married MARIA CANTINE707,708,709,710 1796711,712,713,714,
daughter of ABRAHAM CANTINE and ELISABETH DELAMATER. She was born
February 06, 1775715,716,717,718 Children are
listed above under (8) Maria Cantine.
Generation No. 5
15. MOSES5 CANTINE (MARTIN4, ABRAHAM3, PETER2, MOSES1) He married GERRTYE DELAMATER1238,1239,1240, daughter of MARTIN DELAMATER. She died Bef. 17681241.
Child of MOSES CANTINE and GERRTYE
i. MOSES6 CANTINE1241.
16. HARRIET5 CANTINE (CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1)1242,1243,1244,1245 was born November 06, 1801 in Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York1246,1247,1248,1249, and died July 17, 1880 in Caroline, New York1250,1251,1252,1253. She married PETER LOUNSBERY1254,1255,1256,1257 June 21, 1824 in Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York1258,1259,1260,1261, son of RICHARD LOUNSBERY. He was born May 12, 1797 in Marbletown, Ulster Co., New York1262,1263,1264,1265, and died February 04, 1867 in Caroline, New York1266,1267,1268,1269.
Children of HARRIET CANTINE and
PETER LOUNSBERY are:
27. i. MARIA CATHERINE6 LOUNSBERY, b. 1825
ii. HARRIET LOUNSBERY, b. 18281274,1275,1276,1277
iii. JANE ELIZABETH LOUNSBERY, b. March 18301286,1287,1288,1289; d. August 23, 18361290,1291,1292,1293.
28. iv. CANTINE LOUNSBERY, b. December 11, 1831; d. February 1910.
v. EDWARD LOUNSBERY, b. December 11, 1833, Brookton, New York1298,1299,1300,1301; m. AMADA SANDERS1306,1307,1308,1309, November 03, b. 1858.
vi. RICHARD LOUNSBERY, b. March 27, 18361326,1327,1328,1329.
vii. JULIA LOUNSBERY, b. November 11, 18381338,1339,1340,1341; d. December 05, 18991342,1343,1344,1345; m. GEORGE WOLCOTT1346,1347,1348,1349
29. viii. DINAH CHRISTINA LOUNSBERY, b. February 26, 1842
30. ix. EMMA GERTRUDE LOUNSBERY, b. February 21, 1849
Generation No. 6
27. MARIA CATHERINE6 LOUNSBERY (HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born 1825. She married MOSES DENMAN.
Children of MARIA LOUNSBERY and
MOSES DENMAN are:
i. ARTHUR7 DENMAN
ii. RICHARD DENMAN
28. CANTINE6 LOUNSBERY (HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born December 11, 1831, and died February 1910. He married SARA JANE SCHUTT.
Children of CANTINE LOUNSBERY
and SARA SCHUTT are:
45. i. CHARLES RICHARD7 LOUNSBERY, b. April 14, 1861, Brookton, New York; d. March 08, 1937, Brooktondale, New York.
ii. FRED BARNARD LOUNSBERY; m. EMMA RARICK.
iii. JOHN PIERRE LOUNSBERY; m. CARRIE PETTIGROVE
iv. HARRIET CHRISTINA LOUNSBERY; m. HENRY NORWOOD
29. DINAH CHRISTINA6 LOUNSBERY (HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born February 26, 1842. She married FREDERICK MARSH October 29, 1863. He was born November 04, 1834.
Children of DINAH LOUNSBERY and
FREDERICK MARSH are:
46. i. HOWARD GRANT7 MARSH, b. 1864; d. 1910.
47. ii. ELIZA KATHERINE MARSH, b. 1865; d. 1942.
48. iii. JULIA ELLEN MARSH, b. 1869; d. 1899.
30. EMMA GERTRUDE6 LOUNSBERY (HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born February 21, 1849. She married CULVER LITTLE.
Child of EMMA LOUNSBERY and CULVER
i. EDWARD7 LITTLE
Generation No. 7
45. CHARLES RICHARD7 LOUNSBERY (CANTINE6, HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born April 14, 1861 in Brookton, New York, and died March 08, 1937 in Brooktondale, New York. He married ANNIE LAURIE THOMAS August 24, 1889 in Midline Rd., Slaterville, New York. She was born April 13, 1872 in Slaterville, New York, and died January 06, 1941 in Brooktondale, New York.
Children of CHARLES LOUNSBERY
and ANNIE THOMAS are:
59. i. JULIA EDITH8 LOUNSBERY, b. March 12, 1900, Brooktonk, New York; d. February 12, 1975, Long Island, New York.
60. ii. THOMAS FREDERICK LOUNSBURY, b. September 21, 1903, Brookton, New York; d. May 07, 1967, Ithaca, Tompkins Co., New York.
iii. SARA LOUISE LOUNSBERY; m. (1) WILLARD ISAAC CLAUSON; b. 1903, Valois, New York; d. 1956, Ithaca, Tompkins Co., New York; m. (2) HOMER C. DELONG; b. 1900, Trumansburg, New York; d. 1966, Ithaca, Tompkins Co., New York.
61. iv. JOHN LEWIS LOUNSBERY, b. January 11, 1906, Brookton, New York; d. May 04, 1958, Ithaca, New York.
62. v. HELEN DORIS LOUNSBERY.
63. vi. KATHRYN ELEANOR LOUNSBERY.
vii. CHARLES RICHARD LOUNSBERY
46. HOWARD GRANT7 MARSH (DINAH CHRISTINA6 LOUNSBERY, HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born 1864, and died 1910.
Child of HOWARD GRANT MARSH is:
i. KATHERINE8 MARSH, m. PUTNAM
47. ELIZA KATHERINE7 MARSH (DINAH CHRISTINA6 LOUNSBERY, HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born 1865, and died 1942. She married FRED HAZEN.
Child of ELIZA MARSH and FRED
i. CHRISTINA8 HAZEN, b. 1895; d. 1942.
48. JULIA ELLEN7 MARSH (DINAH CHRISTINA6 LOUNSBERY, HARRIET5 CANTINE, CHARLES4, JOHN3, PETER2, MOSES1) was born 1869, and died 1899. She married NED E. JEWELL.
Child of JULIA MARSH and NED
i. HAROLD EDWARD8 JEWELL; d. September 03, 1951, Pomona, California.
A WORK IN PROGRESS!
If you have comments or suggestions, e-mail me at email@example.com