Justine H. Brandenburg
- Born: 19 Aug 1856, Prussia
- Marriage: (1): Gottlieb Zielke 26 Dec 1876, Montgomery, Ohio 93
- Marriage: (2): Augustus Charles Bublitz 1881, Prussia 96
- Died: 10 Jul 1934, Bay City, Michigan, at age 77
- Buried: Bay City, Bay Co., Michigan
Granddaughter, Loraine Graham Smith wrote May 19, 2002:
My grandmother, Justine Brandenburg Zielke Bublitz, my mother's mother, resided in Bay City, Michigan on 36th Street. The house burned down several years ago and the land was subdivided into smaller lots and several smaller houses constructed on the premises. My grandfather probably had at least 3 acres of ground, as I remember the barn, sun-kissed privy, cistern where rain water was stored, the chickens, the rather large orchard. It was close to what was then known as the "pail factory" which was at the end of 36th Street. It was on 36th Street close to Ingram St where I think my cousin, June Graham (birth name), resides. When my grandfather died, Aunt Gustie Henrieta Bublitz, who never married, went to Bay City, lived with Grandma Bublitz and took care of her until her death, being supported by Aunt Mart and Uncle Will, Uncle Charlie and Aunt Berdie and Uncle Herman as they had no children to support and were better off financially than the other brothers and sisters. Yes, Uncle Charlie did have one child, Doris but those three owned the house and maintained it as long as grandma lived. After Grandma Bublitz's death, the house was sold and Aunt Gustie then lived with Aunt Bertha Bublitz Meisler until aunt Bertha died of cancer. Then Aunt Gustie went to live with my parents, Margaret (Grace) and Arthur Graham in Hollywood, Fla. where she later died and was buried, along with my father, Arthur Walter Graham, Margaret Elisa Bublitz Graham, Lila Elisa Graham Reno Zimmer, Milton Arthur Graham in Fort Lauderdale Memorial Park, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. Helen Graham, Milt's 2nd wife, will also be buried with them. My brother, Milton Graham, had purchased a block of 6 lots in Lauderdale Memorial Park, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. some time prior to anyone's death.
Noted events in her life were:
• Immigrated to US, Bef Dec 1876.
• Death of husband, Abt 1879, Ohio.
• Returned to Prussia, Abt 1880.
• Immigration to U.S., Apr 1884, New York, New York. 97
• Residence, 19 Jun 1900, Frankenlust Twp., Bay Co., Michigan. Owned farm
• Marriage of child, 6 Jul 1900, Bay City, Bay Co., Michigan. Marriage of Katherine Zielke to Charles Doering
• Marriage of child, 2 May 1907, Michigan. Marriage of son, Elias to Anna M. Wendt
• Residence, 19 Apr 1910, Frankenlust Twp., Bay Co., Michigan.
• Naturalization, 1919. 97
• Residence, 6 Jan 1920, Bay City, Bay Co., Michigan. Martha and Ernest still living at home.
• Death of husband, 18 Jan 1929, Michigan.
• Death, 10 Jul 1934, Bay City, Bay Co., Michigan.
Justine married Gottlieb Zielke on 26 Dec 1876 in Montgomery, Ohio.93 (Gottlieb Zielke was born in 1845 in Prussia 95 and died about 1879 in Ohio.)
Justine also married Augustus Charles Bublitz, son of Jacob Bublitz and Caroline Miller, in 1881 in Prussia.96 (Augustus Charles Bublitz was born on 1 Dec 1850 in Westpreussen and died on 18 Jan 1929 in Bay City, Bay Co., Michigan.)