Genealogy and Family Research List
Help, discussion and sharing information about using the Ancestry Images Online, where one can view and print documents that have traditionally been stored on microfilm or in a limited number of archives and libraries (such as census records), for genealogical and family research. Questions about this list? Contact the listowner at IMAGES-ONLINE-HELPemail@example.com.
- Subscribing. Clicking on one of the shortcut links below should work, but if your browser doesn't understand them, try these manual instructions: to join IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-L, send mail to IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org with the single word subscribe in the message subject and body. To join IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-D, do the same thing with IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-Demail@example.com.
- List Membership. You must subscribe to the list to post. After subscribing, post to the list by addressing your email to IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-L@rootsweb.com, or click the link below. Be sure to include a good Subject line.
- Unsubscribing. To leave IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-L, send mail to IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org with the single word unsubscribe as both the subject and only message. To leave IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-D, do the same thing with IMAGES-ONLINE-HELP-Demail@example.com.
- Archives. You can search the archives for a specific message or browse them, going from one message to another.
- Some Helpful IMAGES-ONLINE Articles.
- Ancestrys Help Page/FAQs for Images Online
- How Do I Find My Ancestors In The Census Images Online? – Juliana Smith
- Using the AIS indexes – George G. Morgan
- Using the LDS 1880 Census Transcription with the Images Online – Juliana Smith
- You Never Know Who You Will Find (While Taking Another Look at the Census) – George G. Morgan
- Knock, Knock! Wheres Enoch? - Michael John Neill
- Finding My 1920 People, Part I 1920 Census, Part II: Michael Locates His People - Michael John Neill
- Related article: Expert Sleuthing Among Indexes and Finding Aids – Roseann Reinemuth Hogan, Ph.D
- Claires wonderful How to Use Images Online