LETTERS TO WEBSITE HOST
DESCENDANTS OF PATRIOT WAR PARTICIPANTS
Regarding Nathan Whiting, one of the Patriot War participants, from Scott Nelson - January, 2004 (write me for last known e-mail address - wrote again in 2008) - . Scott writes:
I am related to Nathan Whiting. I have been working on my family genealogy for about 5 years and have been trying to find proof of the Whiting connection. I have traced my genealogy from my self up to Nathan Whiting Jr. who was born between 1826 and 1828. I have not been able to find much on this Nathan son of Nathan Sr. and Rhoda Toles. I have been trying to dig up a marriage record or anything to link my Nathan with that Nathan Sr.
The Younger Nathan was married to a woman named Harriet Adeline (last name unknown) both born in New York. The must have been married about 1846 or 1847. They migrated to Michigan and are first seen on the 1850 Michigan census for Calhoun county which lists Nathan:
Calhoun County, Mi 1850
Nathan Whiting Head of household age 24 Farmer Born in New York b.1826
Harriet A. Whiting age 22 Born in New York b. 1828
Harriet A. Whiting age 3 Born in New York b. 1847
Would you happen to have any information on This Nathan son of Nathan and Rhoda (Toles) Whiting?
If anyone can help Scott, please write the webhost for his last-known address. (2008) Thank you.
A letter received on December 29, 2009, from Kay Timmons, also refers to Nathan Whiting:
I am a descendant of James Timmons from Liverpool, NY, son of Owen and Catherine Rogers Timmons, and brother of Nicholas Timmons.
Descendants of Owen Timmons
Generation No. 1
1. OWEN1 TIMMONS was born 1807 in County Meath, Ireland, and died Aft. 1855 in Liverpool, NY. He married CATHERINE ANNA ROGERS Abt. 1826 in Ireland. She was born Abt. 1807 in Ireland, and died Bef. 1850 in NY.
More About OWEN TIMMONS: Burial location: Aft. 1855, Liverpool Cemetery
More About CATHERINE ANNA ROGERS: Burial location: Bef. 1850, Liverpool Cemetery
Children of OWEN TIMMONS and CATHERINE ROGERS are:
2. i. PATRICK2 TIMMONS, b. December 27, 1827, County Meath, Ireland; d. February 08, 1911, Syracuse, NY.
3. ii. NICHOLAS TIMMONS, b. June 16, 1830, Ireland; d. January 12, 1902, Corydon, Wayne, Iowa.
4. iii. JAMES TIMMONS, b. 1839, Cayuga County, NY; d. 1905, Onondaga County, NY.
Generation No. 2
2. PATRICK2 TIMMONS (OWEN1) was born December 27, 1827 in County Meath, Ireland, and died February 08, 1911 in Syracuse, NY. He married ANN E. GALLEGHER November 25, 1850 in Albany, New York. She was born October 1830 in Queens, Long Island, NY, and died September 26, 1920 in Syracuse Onondaga County, NY.
More About PATRICK TIMMONS:
Fact 1: 1836, Came to U.S. from Hamilton, Ontario per newspaper article
Fact 2: Served in U.S. Navy during Mexican American War
Fact 3: Occupation: Boatman
Fact 4: Buried in Liverpool Cemetery:
3. NICHOLAS2 TIMMONS (OWEN1) was born June 16, 1830 in New York, and died January 12, 1902 in Corydon, Wayne, Iowa. He married (1) LUCY JANE WHITING August 04, 1850 in New York, daughter of NATHAN WHITING and RHODA TOLES. She was born March 12, 1832 in Liverpool, Onondaga County, New York, and died November 30, 1885 in Corydon, Wayne, Iowa. He married (2) CARRIE PAULINE WENSEL February 06, 1888 in Iowa. She was born March 1852 in Germany, and died in Iowa.
Children of NICHOLAS TIMMONS and LUCY WHITING are:
i. EUGENE EDWIN3 TIMMONS, b. June 18, 1852, Liverpool, New York; d. April 07, 1939, Dallas, Texas; m. ELLA MAY LOVE, April 10, 1878, Corydon, Wayne, Iowa; b. April 03, 1860, Clarion, Pennsylvania; d. March 03, 1926, Des Moines, Polk, Iowa.
ii. EDGAR B. TIMMONS, b. March 27, 1858, New York; d. July 11, 1868, Liverpool, New York.
Buried in Timmons family plot in Liverpool cemetery
4. JAMES2 TIMMONS (OWEN1) was born 1839 in Cayuga County, NY, and died 1905 in Onondaga County, NY. He married CATHERINE NULTY 1862 in Liverpool, NY, daughter of MICHAEL MCNULTY and MARY MCNULTY. She was born April 14, 1844 in Liverpool, NY, and died December 23, 1899 in Liverpool, NY.
Kay concluded her message stating "I have the papers of Patrick Timmons who served in the Mexican-American War. He states he was born in County "Maid" so I assume Nicholas was born there also."Do you have information about Nathan Whiting and the Patriots War? I thought that was fascinating. "Have you been in contact with Myron Timmons? He is a direct descendant of Nicholas and Lucy Jane Whiting and their son Eugene. If you need it, I have his email address somewhere." "Kay Timmons
Note: Sitehost has Kay's address as of 12/29-2009 in her files.Return to Shirley Farone's Homepage
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids