Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

TOWCESTER FAMILIES

Home

1871 Census for Towcester

 

AAll that part of the Parish of Towcester which lies on the North East side of the West Chester Turnpike Road commencing at Spittle Bridge and from thence down to Church Lane including the Churchyard the Brickyard House and the Hamlet of Caldicote with the Toll House there. Also Elm Lodge on the South-west side of the Turnpike Road and the Railway Station

 

 

†††††† (includes the east side of the Market Square, and the whole of that side of the High Street to the north, plus Moat Lane. The picture is of Elm Lodge.)

 

 

 

 

B†† All that part of the parish of Towcester which lies on the East side of the West Chester Turnpike Road from and including Paul Webbís house to Betts Lane, together with Park View, the Red House, the Folly, Mount Pleasant, Jubilee Row, Lake Lane, Woodbine Cottages, Old Brickyard, Watkins Cottage and the Hamlet of Wood Burcot.

 

†††††† (includes the east side of the High Street south of the Market Square, and the White Bear (pictured on left of photo), and Wood Burcote)

 

 

C†† All that part of the parish of Towcester which lies on the South West side of the West Chester Turnpike Road from Little London to Curralís House at the corner of Sawpit Lane (both inclusive) with Puddle Dock

(includes all the yards behind the West side of the south end of the High Street, as well as the west side of the High Street southwards from the corner of Richmond Road, and the Almshouses. Picture is of Milestone House, beside the Silverstone Brook)

 

 

 

D†† All that part of the parish of Towcester which lies on the South West side of the West Chester Turnpike Road from Corrals House at the corner of Sawpit Lane up High Street and Park Street to (and including) the Workhouse, comprising part of High Street, part of the South East side of Park Street, the Plank Houses, the whole of Sawpit Lane, together with the new cottages lately belonging to Lord Pomfret. Also Queens Terrace, Albert Row and Back Lane (Street), Ridgeways Cottages

 

†††††† (includes the West side of the Market Square (pictured), the Workhouse and the Talbot Inn)

 

 

 

 

E†† All that part of the parish of Towcester from the Workhouse comprising the remaining part of the south east side of Park Street, Ridgways Cottages on the West side of the Turnpike Road, the whole of Kings Lane, the whole of the North West side of Park Street, the remaining part of High Street from Spencerís Corner to and including, Tranters Row and Police Station, also the Handleys, Kingsmoor, Costwell, Innís farm house, the Delf and the first and second Toll Gates up the Brackley Road

(includes Brackley Road, Bull Inn , Saracenís Head Inn, the High Street on the west side north of the Market Square. Picture shows Ridgeways Cottages on Brackley Road)

 

††††††

Easton Neston
The whole of the Parish of Easton Neston comprising Easton Neston, Hulcote, Showsley, the three Lodges and the Side Gate

(includes Easton Neston House, pictured in 1872)