1861 Census for Towcester
A† All that part of the Parish of Towcester which lies on the North East side of the West Chester Turnpike Road commencing at Spittle Bridge and from thence down to Church Lane including the Churchyard the Brickyard House and the Hamlet of Caldicote also Elm Lodge on the South-west side of the Turnpike Road with the Toll House and Mannings Farm Cottage on the Tiffield Road
†††††† (includes the east side of the
B†† All that part of the parish of Towcester which lies on the North East side of the West Chester Turnpike Road from and including Paul Webbs house Betts Lane, together with Park View, Toll Gate House, Red House, Folly, Mount Pleasant, Jubilee Row, Lake Lane, and the Hamlet of Wood Burcot on the South West side of the said Turnpike Road.
†††††† (includes the east side of the High Street south of the Market Square, and the White Bear and Wood Burcote. Picture is of Sun Yard today)
C†† All that part of the parish of Towcester which lies on the South West side of the West Chester Turnpike Road from Little London to the Peacock Inn (both inclusive) with Puddle Dock.
(includes all the yards behind the West side of the south end of the High Street, as well as the west side of the High Street in the south end of town. Picture is of one of the houses on
D†† All that part All that part of the parish of Towcester which lies on the South West side of the West Chester Turnpike Road from the Peacock Inn in High Street and Park Street to the Roundhouse inclusive
†††††† (includes the West side of the Market Square, the Almshouses, and
the Talbot Inn. Picture is of a house near the
E†† All that part All that part of the parish of Towcester from the round house comprising the remaining part of the South east side of Park Street, Mr Ridgways Cottages, the whole of Kings Lane, the whole of the North West side of Park Street, the remaining part of High Street from Spencerís Corner to Tranters Row and Police Station; Also the Handley, Kingsmoor, Costwell, Innís farm house, the Delf and the second Tole Gate on The Brackley Road
(includes Brackley Road, Bull Inn , Saracenís Head Inn, the High Street on the west side north of the Market Square. Picture shows the Picked Pig pub, which was the post office in 1861)
The Parish of Easton Neston with the Hamlets of Hulcote and Sewardley also Side Gate, Lodges and Brickyard
(includes Easton Neston House, pictured from the air)