CORA MCDONALD was born April 1875 in Burke, Franklin County, NY, and died April 6, 1961 in Middletown, Middlesex, CT.
She married GEORGE WILLIAM CURTIS FENTON April 13, 1900 in Everett,
MA, son of THEODOCIUS FENTON and SARAH LEWIS. He was born October
1874 in Burke, Franklin County, NY, and died December 3, 1952 in Middletown,
About Cora McDonaldCora was the daughter of JAMES MCDONALD and MARY ANN PERCY.
Hired as Teacher: August 6, 1891, Burke, New York
Certified Teacher: March 1892, Passed Regent's Examination - Arithmetic
Second Grade Teaching Certificate: August 17, 1894 - June 30, 1896
Renewal of Second Grade Teaching Certificate: September 1, 1896 - July 31, 1899
Click here to see a picture of Cora (lower left corner) with her sisters and mother; baby may be Donald T. Fenton, Cora's son.
JAMES MCDONALD was born May 1826 in Scotland. He married (1) ARVINE
MCDONALD. She was born Abt. 1836 in Canada, and died May 13, 1862
in Malone, Franklin County, NY. He married (2) MARY ANN PERCY Aft.
May 13, 1862. She was born in approximately July 1834-1836 in Huntingdon
County, Quebec, Canada, and died in July 1903 in Everett, Middlesex County,
About James McDonald
We believe he may be related to Charles McDonald who resided in Rousses Point, Champlaign, Clinton County, NY from 1850 and onward. Indeed, Charles was from Scotland, as was James, and had a daughter named Francis, as did James. They also resided adjacent to one another during the late 1850s.
About Arvine (?) McDonald
Burial: Rousses Point, NY
Children of JAMES MCDONALD and ARVINE (?) MCDONALD are:
About Mary Ann Percy
- FRANCIS "FANNY" MCDONALD, b. 1856, Rousses Point, Champlaign, Clinton County, NY
- ROBERT DODGE MCDONALD, b. September 1858, Rousses Point, Champlaign, Clinton County, NY; m. DORA BELL WHITE Abt. 1880; Lived in Alvo and Greenwood, Cass County, NE from around 1880 until d. in 1924; click here for picture of their children dating from early 1890s (their names are Cora Fanney McDonald, December 6, 1880; Orra Thomas McDonald, March 4, 1882; Lenna May McDonald, July 19, 1884; Nellie Delphy McDonald, December 28, 1887; and Norma Olie McDonald, February 16, 1890)
Daughter of James Percy, possibly son of Ephraim Percy of Chateaugay (still under research)
Mother was named "Anna", who was born around 1795 in New Hampshire, according to the 1870 US Census
Children of JAMES MCDONALD and MARY ANN PERCY MCDONALD are:
- VIOLA MCDONALD, b. 1864, Burke, Franklin County, NY; m. GEORGE BAKER in 1894; In 1910, lived at 62 Quint Avenue in Allston, MA, downstairs from her sister Cora and brother-in-law George Fenton
- HENRY C. MCDONALD, b. 1868, Burke, Franklin County, NY; m. MARY in 1894; In 1910 and 1920, lived at 16 Ashford Street in Allston, MA
- WILLIAM J. MCDONALD, b. 1869, Burke, Franklin County, NY; m. MAUD A. in early 1890s; In 1910 and 1920, lived at 161 Harvard Avenue in Allston, MA; one daughter named VERA
- ROVINA "JENNIE" MCDONALD, b. November 1872, Burke, Franklin County, NY; d. October 1909, Burlington, VT; m. ALBERT D. FENTON, August 25, 1909, Everett, Middlesex County, MA; Albert was the brother of George Fenton, Cora C. McDonald's husband; tragically, Jennie passed away a few months after marrying suffering from Typhoid Fever
- CORA C. MCDONALD, b. April 1875, Burke, Franklin County, NY; m. GEORGE W.C. FENTON in April 1900; Lived at 25 Russell Street in Everett, MA in 1900; Lived at 62 Quint Avenue in Allston, MA in 1910, 1920 and 1930; d. April 06, 1961, Middletown, Middlesex, CT