"As a child I grew up in Droylsden, Lancashire which is where my ancestors
(24) John Moss (b 1842 at Tingewick) and (25) Sarah Holton (b. 1844 at Tingewick) moved to between 1873/1879 - by 1901 they had returned back to Tingewick. (see photos)
"Their oldest son (12) James Moss remained in Droylsden and married (13) Sarah Jane Swindells - see newspaper cutting. I believe (from family information) he worked for a number of years on ships taking people over to Ellis Island (as yet I have no more information about this).
"My grandparents were their son (6) John Moss (b. 6 Jan 1900 in Droylsden) who married 19 Apr 1930 (7) Florence Leigh Beasty (b. 19 May 1900 in Droylsden). "
That means that her Tingewick ancestry is:
4th generation - g-g'dau of
(12) James Moss (bp. 6 Sept 1863 in Tingewick) who married (13) Sarah Jane Swindells
5th generation - 2g-g'dau of
(24) John Moss (b. 11 Sept 1842 / bp. 28 Sept 1842 in Tingewick) and (25) Sarah Holton (bp. 21 Jan 1844 in Tingewick) who married 2 June 1863 in Tingewick.
6th generation - 3g-g'dau of
(48) George Moss (bp. 10 Oct 1790 in Water Stratford) and (49) Martha Ann Key (bp. 2 Sept 1810 in Tingewick) who married 5 Nov 1840 in Tingewick.
(50) Joseph Holton (1816-1897) and (51) Eliza Bernall (b. 30 Jan 1812 / bp. 23 Feb 1812 in Gawcott) who married 22 Oct 1835 in Tingewick.
7th generation - 4g-g'dau of
(96) William Moss who married (97)Mary
(98) William Key (b 1782/6 in Buckinghamshire, died after 1841) who married (99) Esther (b 1782/6 in Buckinghamshire, died after 1841)
(100) James Holton (1796-1874) and (101)Maria Beal (1798-1869) who married 15 Jan 1816 at Tingewick
It is said by one of the Pennsylvanian descendants that the (400) father and (800) grandfather of (200) William Holton were both called Thomas.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids