*[Q: What do you do? A: I do genealogy.]
Detrick Genealogy Report (Reverse Register)
Ancestors of Chloe Elizabeth Detrick
1. Chloe Elizabeth1 Detrick (Abraham, #2) was born on 13 Apr 1856 at Hampshire County, WV. She married Marcellus C. Norris, son of William M. Norris Jr. and Hester Isenbarger, on 24 Dec 1880 at Potsdam, Miami County, OH.1 She died on 3 Apr 1931 at Bluffton, Wells County, IN, at age 74.2 She was buried on 6 Apr 1931 at Pleasant Dale Cemetery, Kirkland Twp., Adams County, IN.3
Chloe Elizabeth Detrick.
name: middle name of Elizabeth provided by Tim Liby. She born in Hampshire County, when it was still in VA, now WV.
Died from broncho-pneumonia, from Carolyn Frazee.
2. Abraham2 Detrick (John, #4) was born on 7 Jul 1814 at Greenmount, Rockingham County, VA.4 He married Mahala Judy (see #3) on 13 Jul 1839 at Hardy County, VA.5 He died on 21 Nov 1891 at Allen County, OH, at age 77. He was buried at Sugar Creek Cemetery, Bath Twp., Allen County, OH.6
Abraham Detrick. No. 436. Fourth Generation. 435. 1) Abraham Detrick, born at Greenmount, Rockingham Co., Va., July 7, 1814, died Nov. 21, 1891. Mahala Judy, born March 1, 1816, died Feb. 17, 1895. They were married July 13, 1839. Brethren. Bradford, Ohio.
Greenmount (note spelling as on the map) and Edom were in Rockingham County VA very close to Singers Glen in the Linville District. If you have access to A History of Rockingham County, Virginia -- Wayland, you will find a 1912 map opposite p. 198 that shows these two locations. I could not find them on a 1992 state map of VA, so I suppose they no longer exist or are too small to have a post office.
May 17, 1993 letter from Joann M. Butterbaugh.
1850 VA Census. District No. 24, Hampshire Co., 5 Oct 1850 Thomas B. White, assistant marshall.
1177 1177 Abraham Detrick 35 M Farmer 1500 VA
Mahala 34 F VA
Rebecca 10 F VA 1 [attend school within year
Mary 8 F VA Insane
Isaac 6 M VA
Benjamin 4 M VA
John 2 M VA
Sarah 1 F VA.
My notes indicate that Abraham lived in Rockingham Co. for about six years after he married, then moved to Hampshire Co. about 1845, where he lived for about 12 years. Around 1858 they moved to Randolph Twp, Montgomery Co., Ohio. In 1858 they belonged to Salem Church. Around 1876 they moved near Bradford, Ohio. About 1881 they belonged to Oakland Church.
from Carole Kepes (NXMK16A) 9:36a 11/24/1996 Prodigy mail.
Abraham Detrick, father of John J., was born in Rockingham County, Virginia, July 5, 1818, was reared a farmer's boy and naturally adopted that vocation as his own. In Hardy County, Virginia, he married Mahala Judy, who was born in Hardy County, May 1, 1816. Mr. Detrick lived in Rockingham County for about six years after he was married; then removed to Hampshire County where he lived for about 12 years, coming in 1856 to Ohio and settling in Montgomery County on a farm adjoining that now occupied by his son. After residing in Randolph Township for about 20 years, he lived in Darke, Auglaize, and Allen Counties the remainder of his life, dying in the latter county in 1892 at 78 years of age. He was a devout member of the German Baptist Church and was an elder therein for many years.[given dates of birth, 1818, and death, 1892, are separated by about 74 years, not the 78 years as noted in text - transcription error or as printed in publication?].
from the Cent. Bio. of Dayton and Montgomery County, p.955,
as copied in Carole Kepes letter postmarked 8 Feb 1997.
p.219: Some years before 1881, Abraham Detrick moved from Virginia to near Dayton, Ohio. About 1881 he moved to Oakland Church and made his home with his son-in-law, Daniel Miller. (Oakland or Harris Creek Church) p.241: In 1858 to Salem Church came Abraham Detrick from Rockingham Co., Virginia. p.429: Abraham Detrick, born Rockingham County, Virginia, July 7, 1814, moved to Hampshire County, West Virginia, about 1845. He came to Ohio in 1858. After 23 years, he moved to Clarke County, then Auglaize County, and finally to Allen County until he died November 21, 1891. He is buried in Sugar Creek Church cemetery.
Abraham apparently had financial failures before he left Virginia. He loaded his household effects on a one-horse wagon and started west. When his cash ran out, he stopped and worked until they could continue. On reaching Ohio, his ability as a minister lead the Brethren to assist him to good farms as a tenant. His son, John, married Catharine, oldest daughter of Elder John Smith.
From the "History of the Church of the Brethren of the Southern District of Ohio," by the Historical Committee, 1920: (not direct quotations), as copied in Carole Kepes letter postmarked 8 Feb 1997.
Children of Abraham2 Detrick and Mahala Judy (see #3) were as follows:
- i. Rebecca1 Detrick married Joseph Boocker. She was born on 3 Nov 1840. She died on 4 Sep 1892 at age 51.
- ii. Mary Detrick was born on 22 Sep 1841. She died on 14 Dec 1847 at age 6.
- iii. Isaac N. Detrick married an unknown person.7 He was born on 25 Jun 1843. He married Elizabeth Warner on 4 Feb 1869.
- iv. Benjamin F. Detrick was born on 6 Jun 1845. He died on 3 Mar 1870 at age 24.8
- v. John J. Detrick married an unknown person.9 He was born on 11 Sep 1847 at Hampshire County, VA.10 He married Catherine Smith, daughter of John Smith, on 27 Feb 1873 at Madison Twp., Montgomery County, OH.
- vi. Sarah J. Detrick was born on 2 Nov 1849. She married Daniel Miller, son of John C. Miller and Gertrude Kreider, on 24 Dec 1874. She died on 5 Feb 1885 at age 35.11
- vii. Virginia Catherine Detrick married an unknown person.12 She was born on 16 Feb 1852. She married Isaac Miller on 22 Feb 1881. She died on 21 Jun 1923 at Allen County, OH, at age 71.13
- viii. Samuel Detrick was buried at Sugar Creek Cemetery, Bath Twp., Allen County, OH.14 He was born on 19 Oct 1854 at Hampshire County, WV.15 He married Mary Elizabeth Driver on 14 Feb 1878 at Allen County, OH. He died in Nov 1914 at Allen County, OH, at age 60.16
- 1 ix. Chloe Elizabeth Detrick.
- x. Jacob Detrick married Louise Miller. He married an unknown person.17 He was born on 1 Jan 1859. He married Jane Oldrich on 22 Feb 1880. He died on 9 Aug 1904 at Allen County, OH, at age 45.18 He was buried at Sugar Creek Cemetery, Bath Twp., Allen County, OH.19
3. Mahala2 Judy was born on 1 Mar 1816 at Hardy County, WV.20 She married Abraham Detrick (see #2), son of John A. Detrick and Elisabeth Beery, on 13 Jul 1839 at Hardy County, VA.21 She died on 17 Feb 1895 at Allen County, OH, at age 78.22 She was buried at Sugar Creek Cemetery, Bath Twp., Allen County, OH.23
name: Mahalia Judy, from Joann Butterbaugh.
Mahala Judge, name given by Leonard Norris in his Norris genealogy, as opposed to Judy from Detrick Family Tree which he supplied.
"Mahala (Judy) Detrick: I have seen and photographed her grave stone, and her name is spelled MAHALA on the stone. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Her grave is in the Sugar Creek Cemetery, Allen Co. OH." She May 17, 1993 letter from Joann M. Butterbaugh.
4. John A.3 Detrick (John, #8) was born on 5 Feb 1777.24 He married Elisabeth Beery (see #5), daughter of Abraham Beery and Magdalena Rife. He married Judy Snell, daughter of Johann Jacob Schnell and Mary Snavely. He died on 6 Mar 1835 at Rockingham County, VA, at age 58.25 He was buried at Greenmount Cemetery, Rockingham County, VA.26
John A. Detrick.
name: middle initial from Carole Kepes letter postmarked 8 Feb 1997.
church affiliation: Mennonite, according to Carole Kepes letter postmarked 8 Feb 1997.
Children of John A.3 Detrick and Elisabeth Beery (see #5) were as follows:
- 2 i. Abraham2 Detrick.
- ii. Nancy Detrick was buried at Beery Cemetery, Pleasant Valley, Rockingham County, VA.27 She was born on 13 Mar 1818 at Greenmount, Rockingham County, VA. She married Jonathan B. Shaver on 20 Feb 1843 at Rockingham County, VA. She died on 3 Aug 1899 at Rockingham County, PA, at age 81.
- iii. Elisabeth Detrick was born on 16 Dec 1821 at Greenmount, Rockingham County, VA. She married John H. Paul on 23 Jan 1844. She died on 10 Nov 1875 at Enterprise, Preble County, OH, at age 53.
- iv. Lydia Detrick was born on 4 Jan 1822 at Greenmount, Rockingham County, VA. She married Abraham Miller on 31 Aug 1841 at Rockingham County, VA. She died on 29 Aug 1892 at Miami County, OH, at age 70.
- v. Catharine Detrick married an unknown person.28 She was born on 19 Apr 1824 at Greenmount, Rockingham County, VA. She married Samuel Wine on 27 Dec 1849 at Rockingham County, VA. She died on 10 Feb 1910 at age 85.29
- vi. John Detrick was buried at Bethel Cemetery.30 He married an unknown person.31 He was born on 15 Dec 1825 at Greenmount, Rockingham County, VA. He married Catherine Wilbur on 1 Sep 1849. He married Elizabeth Warner on 3 Nov 1863. He died on 28 May 1905 at Montgomery County, OH, at age 79.32
5. Elisabeth3 Beery (Abraham, #10) was born in 1785 at Edom, Rockingham County, VA. She married John A. Detrick (see #4), son of John Detrick and Barbara Sites. She died on 26 Jan 1826 at Rockingham County, VA.33 She was buried at Greenmount Cemetery, Rockingham County, VA.34
name: Elisabeth, from published genealogy Elizabeth, from Joann Butterbaugh Elizabeth, from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
No. 435. Third Generation. 2. She 1) Elisabeth Beery, who was born near Edom, Rockingham Co., Va., 1785, and died Jan. 26, 1826, married John Detrick, who died March 6, 1835. Mennonites. Greenmont, Rockingham Co., Va. She from photocopy of volume printed after 1905, given by Leonard Norris.
name: John (Teterig) Detrick (Dietrich) from LDS FHC Ancestral File.>
The Detrick (Dietrick, Teterick, Teter) Family.
John Detrick came rather late to the South Mill Creek Valley, but the Brethren affiliation of the family seems to be firmly established from records of descendant families and family tradition. It is believed that John Detrick, whose wife was Barbara Sites, daughter of George Sites, moved to the area around 1785 with his father-in-law, establishing himself in the South Mill Creek Valley. He did not purchase land, however, until June 14, 1809 when he acquired 103 acres June 14, 1809 from a member of the Dunker Eyman family.
John Detrick lived for a while in Maryland before he or his son John moved to Hardy County. We learn this from the fact that some of his children were born in Maryland and the fact that his name is found on the land records of Frederick Co., Md., later Washington County. In Maryland, he was associated with Brethren Conrad Fox and the Stuckeys. Conrad Fox in turn was linked with the Brethren Snyder and Miller families. Conrad Fox was naturalized in April 1767 with Michael Bauer, Michael Miller, Stephen Ulrich, Jacob Stutzman, Michael Sights (Sites), and Simon Stuckey. John Deiter of Berks Co., Pa., had been naturalized Mar. 29, 1755. He On May 6, 1766, John Tetowick (Detrick) of Frederick Co., Md., sold forty-five acres of land to Conrad Fox (K. 515-517). The parties to the agreement "acknowledged" their action rather than taking an oath. Also on May 6th, and recorded immediately following the Tetowick and Fox record, is the record of land transfer from Jacob and Simon Stuckey. It seems obvious that these parties had come to the courthouse together to take care of the transfers described above.
Who is the John Tetowick described above? At present, the answer cannot be firmly established, but the author suggests that further research may reveal that he is the minister described by Morgan Edwards who was the assistant to Nicholas Martin of the Conococheague congregation. [footnote 86: This hypothesis must wait for proof before being accepted.] Morgan Edwards gave his name as "John Titer," a common rendition of the name Teterick and Detrick. The belief that John Teterig (Detrick) of Hardy County is the same person or the son of John Titer is quite plausible bcause of the Brethren connection and because of the circumstantial connections between the families of Stuckey and Tetowick in the land records. He On South Mill Creek, John Detrick (Tederig) was a close neighbor of George Sites and Valentine Cooper south of Dorcas. Their location was in the heart of the South Mill Creek Dunker settlement not far from the Landes, Judy and Eyman homes. Many of the Sites were later associated with the Reformed Church where their names appear on the records.
Little information is known about the religious life of John Detrick, but more is known regarding his children. The will of "John Teterig" was written on April 13, 1822 and probated on July 11, 1826 (Bk. 4, 119). It names his wife Barbara and children Daniel; Jacob (who married first Mary Magdalene Sites); [footnote 87: Jacob is said to have married twice. The marriage record book (Moorefield Courthouse, p. 4), describes a marriage of Jacob Detrick (whose mother was Mary Snyder) to Lena Halterman. This marriage was performed by Dunker minister, Celestine Whitmore on Sept. 29, 1856. It is not certain that these two Jacobs are the same person.] John; Philip (who married Elizabeth Crites); Adam (who married Sarah Coffman); Peter (who married Susanna Coffman); Mary (who married Jacob? Crites); Catherine; Barbara; and Susanna (who married Henry Vanmeter). He Of the above, Peter Detrick, born Sept. 18, 1797 and died in Logan Co., OH, July 23, 1867, was a farmer and a German Baptist minister (Kintner papers). Jacob Detrick became associated with the Reformed Church. Philip and Elizabeth Crites Detrick were certainly Brethren, for an obituary notice published in the Vindicator [undrln] (FOBG, Feb. 1981), gives the name of Elizabeth (Crites) Detrick, wife of Bro. Philip Detrick, born in Hardy County, Jan. 9, 1791, died June 9, 1877, and describes her as "a faithful member of the German Baptist Brethren Church" for 63 years. She was the mother of twelve children. Other descendants may have been Brethren as well, but information regarding them is not at hand. He Emmert F. Bittinger, Allegheny Passage Churches and Families West Marva District Church of the Brethren 1752 - 1990. Camden, Maine: Penobscot Press, 1990, p. 125, 126.
It is not known that John Detrick was a minister. If our hypothesis is correct that John is a son of John Teter of Washington Co., Md., mentioned by Morgan Edwards as a ministerial assistant to Nicholas Martin in the Conococheague Church, it is plausible to suggest that he may have been a minister. Until documented, this statement is unconfirmed.
Bittinger, Allegheny Passage, p. 134.
"I found the following in the History of Grant and Hardy Counties WV -- E. L. Judy. "Teterig: will: 11 Jul 1826 w: Barbara sons: Daniel, Jacob, John, Philip, Adam, Peter daughters: Mary, Catherine, Barbara, Susanna."
Children of John4 Detrick and Barbara Sites (see #9) were as follows:
- i. Daniel3 Detrick married Barbara (--?--).
- ii. Jacob Detrick married Mary Magdalene Sites.
- 4 iii. John A. Detrick.
- iv. Philip Detrick married Elizabeth Crites. He was born on 25 Aug 1788 at Hardy County, VA.37
- v. Adam Detrick was born on 29 Mar 1794. He married Sarah Coffman, daughter of David Coffman and Susanna Good, on 4 Feb 1817 at Shenandoah County, VA. He died on 26 Jun 1855 at Wayne Twp., Montgomery County, OH, at age 61. He was buried at Hickory Grove Cemetery, Miami County, OH.38
- vi. Peter Detrick married Susannah Coffman, daughter of David Coffman and Susanna Good. He was born on 18 Sep 1797. He died on 23 Jul 1867 at Logan County, OH, at age 69.
- vii. Mary Detrick married Jacob Crites.
- viii. Catherine Detrick.
- ix. Barbara Detrick.
- x. Susanna Detrick married Henry Vanmeter.
Barbara Sites[(576P-4T) and (D1FZ-XM)].
10. Abraham4 Beery (Abraham BIERI, #20) was born in 1762 at York, York County, PA. He married Magdalena Rife (see #11) on 28 Sep 1786 at Rockingham, VA. He married Barbara Good after 1790 at Rockingham, VA. He died in 1818 at Rockingham County, VA.
data from Joann Butterbaugh's Ancestor Chart and LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Children of Abraham4 Beery and Magdalena Rife (see #11) were as follows:
- 5 i. Elisabeth3 Beery.
- ii. John Beery was born on 6 Oct 1787. He married Lydia SHOWALTER circa 1808.
- iii. Abraham Beery married Elizabeth Wenger. He was born on 23 Jul 1789.
- iv. Joseph Beery was born on 8 Aug 1798. He married Mary Brenneman circa 1819.
- v. Jacob Beery was born in 1799 at Edom, VA. He married Hannah Stover on 11 Oct 1823 at Rockingham, VA. He died in 1840 at Bremen, OH.
- vi. Catherine Beery was born circa 1800.
- vii. Samuel Beery married Jennie SPICER. He married Sarah RABURN. He was born on 12 Apr 1803.
- viii. Frances Beery was born on 12 Dec 1804. She married David H. RALSTON circa 1824.
- ix. Anna Beery was born circa 1806 at Edom, VA.
- x. Peter V. Beery was born on 12 Jan 1807. He married Margaret PULSE circa 1829.
- xi. David Beery was born on 8 Oct 1808 at Edom, VA. He married Elizabeth NISWANDER on 28 Sep 1831 at Rockingham, VA. He married Susanna ROHRBAUGH in Mar 1849 at WV. He died on 7 Mar 1883 at age 74.
- xii. Magdalena Beery was born in 1812. She married Isaac Miller circa 1832.
- xiii. Barbara Beery was born on 27 Aug 1815. She married Jacob Funk circa 1835.
name: from Joann Butterbaugh and LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Children of George5 Sites include:
- 9 i. Barbara4 Sites.
20. Abraham5 BIERI (Nicholas, #40) married Elizabeth GOCHENOUR. He was born between 1733 and 1739 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA.42 He married Elizabeth COCHENHAUER (see #21), daughter of Jacob COCHENHAUER, after 1749. He was buried after 1783 at Union Church Cem, Rockingham, VA. He died on 26 May 1799 at Rockingham, VA. He was baptized on 1 Dec 1958. He was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 30 May 1991 at OAKLA.
name: Abraham Bieri, from LDS FHC Ancestral File Abraham Beery, from Miller book
Abraham Bieri. He data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Abraham Beery 1736 m Elizabeth Gochenour, a bro of John.
name from The Michael Miller and Susanna Bechtol Family Record, compiled by Floyd R. and Kathryn G. Mason Bridgewater, VA: Bridgewater Beacon Printing, Inc., 1993, p.800. He received his endowment on 8 Dec 1958.
Children of Abraham5 BIERI and Elizabeth COCHENHAUER (see #21) were as follows:
- 10 i. Abraham4 Beery.
- ii. Nicholas Beery [Jr.] married Barbara KAGY. He was born in 1764 at York, PA. He died in Apr 1815 at Edom, VA.
- iii. John Beery was born in 1767 at York, PA.43 He married Barbara KAGY, daughter of Henry Kagey and Barbara Stoner, between 1792 and 1794 at Rockingham, VA.
- iv. Jacob Beery was born on 11 Sep 1769 at York County, PA. He married Mary Good circa 1801 at Rockingham, VA. He was buried in Apr 1842 at Lancaster, Fairfield, OH. He died on 2 Apr 1842 at age 72.
- v. George Beery was born circa 1773 at York, PA. He married Susannah Funk in 1796 at Rockingham, VA.
- vi. Magdalena Beery was born on 26 Jun 1777 at PA. She married Abraham BURNER in 1797 at VA. She died in 1832 at Woodstock, Shenandoah, VA. She was buried in 1832 at Woodstock, Shenandoah, VA.
- vii. Christian Beery was born on 26 Jun 1777 at York, PA. He married Catherine Frank circa 1801 at Rockingham, VA. He was buried in 1836 at Farm Swartz Mill, Fairfield, OH. He died on 15 Oct 1836 at Fairfield, OH, at age 59.
21. Elizabeth5 COCHENHAUER (Jacob, #42) was born circa 1736. She married Abraham BIERI (see #20), son of Nicholas BIERI and Barbara Miller, after 1749. She died circa 1800 at Edom, VA. She was buried in 1800 at Lindale Cem., Edom, VA.
data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
name: Cochenauer, from LDS FHC Ancestral File Gochenour, from Miller book.
Abraham Beery 1736 m Elizabeth Gochenour, a bro of John.
name from The Michael Miller and Susanna Bechtol Family Record, compiled by Floyd R. and Kathryn G. Mason Bridgewater, VA: Bridgewater Beacon Printing, Inc., 1993, p.800.
40. Nicholas6 BIERI (John BEIRI, #80) was born in 1697 at Bern, Switzerland. He married Barbara Miller, daughter of Michael Jeremiah George Miller and Magdalena (--?--), on 1 Dec 1728 at Pequa Settlement, Lancaster County, PA. He was buried in 1762 at York, PA. He died on 1 Oct 1762 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. He was baptized on 24 Jun 1947. He was sealed as a spouse of Barbara Miller (see #41) on 3 Jun 1948. He was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 30 May 1991 at OAKLA.
name: Nicholas Bieri, LDS FHC Ancestral File Nicholas Beery, from Miller book.
Nicholas Bieri. He data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Nicholas Beery 1697 m Barbara Miller and came from Switzerland to PA 1727. (S-2).
name from The Michael Miller and Susanna Bechtol Family Record, compiled by Floyd R. and Kathryn G. Mason Bridgewater, VA: Bridgewater Beacon Printing, Inc., 1993, p.800. He received his endowment on 10 Dec 1947.
Children of Nicholas6 BIERI and Barbara Miller (see #41) were as follows:
- i. John5 BIERI was sealed as a spouse of Catherine HUNSAKER SUBMITTED. He was born on 2 Aug 1729 at Pequa Settlement, Lancaster County, PA. He married Catherine HUNSAKER in 1748. He was baptized on 1 Dec 1958. He was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 30 Sep 1986 at CH.
- ii. Magdalena BIERI was buried at Georges Twp, Fayette, PA. She was born on 3 Jan 1732 at East Manchester, York, PA. She married John HUNSAKER on 15 May 1750 at Manchester Twp., York County, PA. She died on 9 Aug 1796 at Springhill Twp, Fayette County, PA, at age 64. She was baptized on 17 Mar 1885. She was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 3 Jun 1948. She was sealed as a spouse of John HUNSAKER on 28 Aug 1959.
- iii. Barbara BIERI was born between 1732 and 1739 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. She married John COCHENHAUER, son of Jacob COCHENHAUER, circa 1768. She died after 1782 at Manchester Twp., York, PA. She was baptized on 7 Nov 1959. She was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 10 Mar 1960.
- 20 iv. Abraham BIERI.
- v. Catharina BIERI was born between 1734 and 1739 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. She married John BLASSER before 1767. She died after 1767. She was baptized on 7 Nov 1959. She was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 10 Mar 1960.
- vi. Susanna BIERI was born circa 1738 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. She was baptized on 7 Nov 1959. She was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 10 Mar 1960.
- vii. Nicholas Beery was sealed as a spouse of Mrs Mary Good SUBMITTED. He was sealed as a spouse of Elizabeth Keller SUBMITTED. He married Elizabeth Keller at York County, PA. He married Mary Keller at York County, PA. He married Mary GROW Mrs. He was born on 16 Jun 1739 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. He married Mrs Mary Good in 1789 at Rockingham, VA. He was buried in Feb 1812 at Mt. Zion Cem. Or, Huddle Cem., Fairfield, OH. He died on 16 Feb 1812 at Fairfield, OH, at age 72. He was baptized on 7 Nov 1959. He was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 10 Mar 1960. He was sealed as a spouse of Mary Keller on 18 Jul 1990 at DA.
- viii. Margaret BIERI was born between 1740 and 1745 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. She married John FORRY circa 1765. She died after 1782 at York, PA. She married Jacob BURKHART after 1783 at Manheim Twp., York County, PA. She was baptized on 7 Nov 1959. She was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 10 Mar 1960.
- ix. Susanna Beery was sealed as a parent to an unknown person SUBMITTED. She was born between 1741 and 1746 at East Manchester, York, PA. She married John BICKSLER before 1767 at ?Pa. She died after 1796 at York, PA. She was baptized on 19 Apr 1991 at OAKLA.
- x. George BIERI was born between 1741 and 1747 at E Manchester Twp, York, PA. He married Mrs. (--?--) between 1767 and 1770. He died after 1770 at York, PA. He was baptized on 7 Nov 1959. He was sealed as a parent to an unknown person on 10 Mar 1960.
41. Barbara6 Miller (Michael, #82) was born circa 1708. She married Nicholas BIERI, son of John BEIRI and Catharina (--?--), on 1 Dec 1728 at Pequa Settlement, Lancaster County, PA. She married Jacob KAGY on 17 Nov 1766 at PA. She died on 2 Dec 1791 at Shrewbury Twp, York, PA. She was baptized on 17 Mar 1885. She was sealed as a spouse of Nicholas BIERI (see #40) on 3 Jun 1948.
data from LDS FHC Ancestral File. She received her endowment on 10 Apr 1885.
He Jacob Cochenauer. He data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Children of Jacob6 COCHENHAUER include:
- i. John5 COCHENHAUER was born between 1732 and 1739. He married Barbara BIERI, daughter of Nicholas BIERI and Barbara Miller, circa 1768. He died after 1782.
- 21 ii. Elizabeth COCHENHAUER.
data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Children of John7 BEIRI and Catharina (--?--) (see #81) were:
- 40 i. Nicholas6 BIERI.
Michael Jeremiah George Miller.
data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Children of Michael Jeremiah George7 Miller and Magdalena (--?--) (see #83) were:
- 41 i. Barbara6 Miller.
data from LDS FHC Ancestral File.
Created with The Master Genealogist for Windows
Version 3.9 Revised on Saturday 01 January 2011
© 1998 - 2011
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids