Dr. Fred Bonine Residence
Congressman E. L. Hamilton Residence
Anna Warner Residence
Residence Section East Main Street
Charles Chapin Residence/ City Hall & Museum
This Queen Anne style house, completed in 1884, was the Henry A. Chapin family home until 1902. In 1932, when the City of Niles bought the property at auction for $300, the Chapin children stipulated that it be used only for civic purposes. Now serving as the Niles City Hall, the house is built of local brick and terra-cotta tile. The interior is ornamented with leaded glass windows and transoms, handcarved woodwork, and stenciled ceilings. In 1939 the Works Progress Administration joined the carriage house to another outbuilding, thus creating the Fort St. Joseph Museum structure. The museum holds over 10,000 items, including Fort St. Joseph and Potawatomi Indian artifacts, local memorabilia, and a collection of drawings by Chief Sitting Bull.
(taken from michmarkers.com)
Fort St. Joseph Museum
Back of postcard reads: "Many interesting exhibits of the historic Niles area are on display. Admission Free."
North Fourth Street