Robert Kirkham of Virginia
Descendants of Robert Kirkham:
[Much of the following is from Fay Whipple] [notes]
- Jane Kirkham was born about 1771. She married Henry Nollner about January 21, 1789 in Petersburg?, Virginia. Jane died April 13, 1826. Henry was born Dec. 12, 1760 and died Sept. 12, 1842. They were buried in Blandford cem., Petersburg, Virginia. The had many children including the three listed below:
- John G. Nollner
- Christiana E. Nollner.
- Ann Marie Nollner
- Jacob Kirkham was born about 1770. He married 3 times: (1.) Mazey Davis on Oct. 25, 1798. (2.) Rachel Stine in May 1807. (3.) Susan Thrift in January 1810. Jacob died May 18, 1839 Petersburg?, Virginia. Susan died about 1840.
Children by Mazey Davis
- Jacob Kirkham was born about 1799. Jacob died "in New Orleans at the age of 21"
[See notes for possible info.]
Children by Rachel Stine
- Mary W. Kirkham was born Nov. 13, 1808. She married James Britton in Feb. 10, 1826 Northampton county, North Carolina. They moved to Mississippi in the 1830s. Mary died March 8, 1859 and was buried in Eavenson cemetery, Tate county, Mississippi.
Children by Susan Thrift
- George W. Kirkham was born about 1811.
- John Jackson Kirkham was born about 1815. "Jack" and Robert settled in Herman, Missouri about 1845.
- William Kirkham was born Feb. 4, 1818
- David Kirkham was born Feb. 28, 1820. He left Virginia about 1842. He married Adelaide Louisa Cowen, on November 9, 1854, St. Louis, Mo.
- Martha Kirkham
- Lucy Ann Kirkham was born about 1823.
- Robert Kirkham was born about 1830.
- Thomas Emmett Kirkham was born about 1830.
- Emily Kirkham was born about 1836.
- James Harrison Kirkham
- Jacob Kirkhamb
- (There were more children, exact number unknown. About 1855 another brother went to Missouri where Dave and Robert was.)
- daughter Kirkham. She married Michael Rosser.
- Hannah Kirkham was born ????. She married Abraham Hostellor about February 20, 1790 in Petersburg, Virginia.
Robert Kirkham House - Petersburg, VA.