Reason Halsell was born about 1772 in South Carolina. He was
the son of Thomas Halsell and Mary "Polly" Moberly. He married
Elizabeth Oldham on June 15, 1799 in Clark co., Kentucky. Reason
was living in Cumberland county, KY from at least 1803 to 1811. Reason
received a land grant in Posey co., Indiana about 1816. He presumably lived
mainly in Posey county after this point but he also had land in Coahoma
county, Mississippi down the Mississippi River.
Reason died about
1837 possibly in Posey co., Indiana. His children lived in Coahoma, MS and
just across the river in Phillips co., Arkansas.
1810 KY, Clark co., p. 624
1830 IN, Posey co., p. 196
Elizabeth Oldham was born 1771-1780 (c. 1777). She was the daughter of Richard Oldham
and Ann Pepper. Elizabeth died after 1830.
● Alfred Halsell was born 1801-10 Clark
county, Kentucky. He married Peggy Fairlee c 1831 Vanderburg co., Indiana. He married Elizabeth Haynes, July 11, 1839 Posey co., Indiana. Alfred died Jan. 6, 1846 Phillips co., Arkansas.
- Thomas Halsell was born about 1834
- Sarah Halsell was born about 1836. She married James Casey, April 19, 1854 Phillips co.,
● Ann Halsell was
born about 1801 Clark county, Kentucky. She married Joseph Grant, March 8, 1822 Posey co., Indiana.
- Joseph Grant
- Jacob Grant
- George Grant
- Andrew J. Grant
- Anna Grant
- Polly Grant
● Jehoida Halsell was
born about 1805 Clark county, Kentucky. Jehoida died April 6, 1866 Coahoma co.,
● Elizabeth Halsell was born 1811-20. She married James Cochran April 13, 1837 Phillips co.,
- Eudora Cochran
- Andrew J Cochran
● Andrew Jackson? Halsell was
born about 1815 Tennessee. He married "Mrs. Elizabeth Stanley", original maiden name not known. She
apparently had died by 1850 as she is not listed on the census. Andrew appearantly remarried to another woman because another child is mentioned in his brother Jehoida's will and a family source says there were 13 children. It is not know when or where Andrew died, only that it was before 1866. An
"A J Halsell" served in the Civil War and died Nov. 13, 1862 in Knoxville, TN. The service records do not give full name or age.|
- Mary A Halsell was born about 1839 Coahoma co., Mississippi.
- Susan Halsell was
born about 1841 Coahoama co., Mississippi.
- John Calvin Halsell was born about 1843 in Coahoma co., Mississippi. He married Mary "Polly" Ann Deaton, June 4, 1863 Williamson co., Illinois. John died about 1885 possibly in Searcy co.,
Arkansas. Sarah died about 1894 possibly near Stonewall, Oklahoma.
- Sarah Jane Halsell was born June 25, 1864 Williamson co., Illinois. She married Francis M Adams Jan. 24, 1886 Searcy co.,
Arkansas. Sarah died Aug. 15, 1943 near Castle, Okfuskee co., Oklahoma.
- Louisa W. Halsell was born Dec. 16, 1866 Illinois. Louisa died April 6, 1942 AR and was buried Middleton cem., Conway co.,
- Amanda Melvina Halsell was born Feb. 28, 1868 Johnson co., Illinois. She married Moses Delford Hall abt 1888. Amanda died Aug. 16, 1923 and was buried Foster cem.,
Van Buren co., Arkansas.
- Thomas Jefferson Halsell was born Oct. 1869 Arkansas. He married Laura Brummet abt 1896. Thomas died Nov. 11, 1948 Fittstown, OK and was buried Rosedale cem.,
- Martha Ellen Halsell was born April 7, 1871 Arkansas. She married Fountain Pitts Armstrong Aug. 23, 1894 Stonewall,
Oklahoma. Martha died Aug. 16, 1920 Walden, CO and was buried Walden, CO.
- Tennessee Halsell was born about 1873 Arkansas. She married ? Brent. She married James Thomas Hallmark Oct. 28, 1905 Pontotoc co.,
Oklahoma. Tennessee died ?
- Frank Calvin Halsell was born Jan. 18, 1875 Arkansas. He married Irene Rosalee Clairday. Frank died about 1921.
- Winey Brunette Halsell was born about 1878 Arkansas. She married ? Flippo. She married John Murphy 1904 near Moody,
Oklahoma. Winey died ?
- John R. Halsell was born about April 1880 Arkansas.
- Margaret Permelia Josephine Halsell was born Aug. 5, 1882 Searcy co.,
Arkansas. She married Robert Lee Mannon Jan. 5, 1897 Stonewall,
Oklahoma. Margaret died July 28, 1950 Oktaha, OK and was buried Hillcrest cem., Weleetka,
- Sarah J. Halsell was born about 1845 Coahoma co.,
children by ??
- Andrew J. Halsey was born ??.
● unknown Halsell was born about 1816
● John Calvin Halsell was
born about 1820 Kentucky. He married Mrs. Susan West, April 13, 1837 Phillips co.,
Arkansas. John died Nov. 1849 Phillips co., Arkansas. |
- John C. Halsell was born Nov. 1842 Mississippi.
- Elizabeth Ann Halsell was born about 1844 Mississippi. She married Josiah
William Bullock, Sep. 1, 1859 Calhoun co., Arkansas.
- William Halsell was
born about 1846 Mississippi. He possibly died June 1849 Phillips co.,
- Martha Jane Halsell was born Nov. 1849 Phillips co.,
Arkansas. She married Thomas Johnson, July 27, 1865 Calhoun co.,
● unknown Halsell was born about 1821