Miscellaneous Creek Indian claims.
This is a transcription of a few records from National Archives microfilm series M271 and M234. Series M271 reproduces letters received by the Secretary of War relating to Indian Affairs from 1800-23. Series M234 reproduces letters received by the Office of Indian Affairs after 1823. Many of these are very hard to read and there are no doubt mistakes in the transcriptions. More background information regarding the transcribed records below can usually be found in the letters preceeding and following the record, on the microfilm.
Creek Civil War related claims:
- Claims against the hostile "Red Stick" Indians by "friendly" Indians and whites, 1815.
- Claims of "friendly" Creek Indians for losses during the Creek civil war.
William McIntosh related:
- List of "friends and followers of William McIntosh." 1825.
- Abstract of "Claims exhibited against the Creek Nation by the McIntosh [followers] for property taken and destroyed."
- Abstract of "claims of the friends and followers of William McIntosh."
- An 1831 abstract of property taken by white citizens of the United States from the Creek Indians since the year 1825.
- See also Creek Emigration related claims in Special File 207