- From the Centennial History, First Presbyterian Church, Westfield, N.Y., 1808-1908:
- Photos of church buildings.
- Photos of church officers and pastors.
- A list of pastors.
- A list of members with date of membership, as recorded in the book. The list is usually chronological within each set of names beginning with the same letter of the alphabet.
- The same church member list as above but sorted alphabetically.
- The Catalogue of the Westfield Academy and Union School, 1878-79. A listing of students, faculty and graduates.
Business Directory Listings
- Boyd's Business Directory of over one hundred cities and villages in New York state - 1869-70 , pp. 580-1 (at Cornell's electronic library site)
- Boyd's New York State Directory - 1872-3, pp. 1464-5 (at Cornell's electronic library site)
- Western NY Gazeteer and Business Directory - 1880-81
Miscellaneous Old Photos and Biographies
From the Newspaper
- "Barn Raising Bee 100 Years Ago Put Up Cochrane, Mateer Barns" (1976)
- "1901 Ninth New York Cavalry Convention" (date unknown)
- "The Old Presbyterian Meeting House" (date unknown)
- "The Hawkins Tavern" (date unknown)
- Gold Rush 49ers from Chautauqua Co. N.Y. (date unknown)
- Some Obituaries from the Westfield Republican newspaper, Westfield, N.Y.;
surnames include: Mateer, Cosgrove, Crosgrove, Taylor, Guild, Wright
- Newspaper clippings and obituaries from the diaries of Jane Crosgrove Mateer, dated 1896-1919, and Joseph M. Mateer, dated 1901-1951.
Vital Records and other information from the diaries of Robert McKee Mateer, a Westfield
resident for 40 years, who died in 1896. Some are also from his son's diaries, or his wife's (after 1896).
The Crosgrove--Mateer Genealogy Page