ALLRED, Starling Robert 1
2. HOLLIS, Harriet Levina
1. BOSS, Louise Almeda
3. CLINE, "Mollie" Mary Martha Lauraine 
- Born: 9 Sep 1845, , , Georgia, USA
- Marriage (1): BOSS, Louise Almeda on 8 Dec 1867 in , , Georgia, USA
- Marriage (2): HOLLIS, Harriet Levina about 1877
- Marriage (3): CLINE, "Mollie" Mary Martha Lauraine  on 13 Sep 1882 in Cartersville, Bartow, Georgia, USA
- Died: 16 Mar 1901, , , Texas, USA at age 55
- Buried: Mount Sylvan Cemetery, Mount Sylvan, Smith, Texas
According to "Baker Wood Family Tree by Cynthia Carr, his first wife's name was Jessie Almeda Bost. Child listed is Amanda Alice Allred b. 1876-2-6 in Rome, Macon, Georgia that married Sidney Milton Burton b.1869-3-26 in Lodadell, Henry, TN, and their child was Ira Virgle Burton b. 1 Feb 1913 in Albany, Shackelford Co., TX
email from Ronald Carter2 dated 1/10/10:
Hi - My connection to Allreds is Maston Allred -he was Pinkney Allred's brother. As i sure you know Pinkney was Sterling Robert father. I also had worked with a lady who line is John James Allred - who is another brother of Pinkney Allred. Maston Allred was my great great great grandfather. Ron
Noted events in his life were:
- Civil War: Starling Robert Allred. 1 M. L. Alred, wife of Starling stated in her pension application that he said he served in Major Lattimore's Regiment and enlistd from Marietta, Georgia.
She also states he was discharged when the war closed, and that he'd served for more than two years.
- 21 Jun 1900 he appeared as Starlin R. Allred, age 52, HOH, born Sep 1847 in Georgia, f-b-TN and m-b-GA, Farmer, renting farm, can read and write, married 18 years on the census in Mount Sylvan, Smith, Texas, USA. 2 ED 107 Sheet 13A Dwelling 207 and Household 208
- He resided in Texas in 1886 and in Smith County in 1901. 1 According to M. L. Alred's Confederate Pension dated 13 May 1916, they'd resided in Texas 30 years as of December 14, 1915 and in Smith County 15 years.
- Family photos: e-mail from Mark Schmidt Aug 29, 2009
- Burial records-findagrave: Starling Robert Allred, 1845-1901, Mount Sylvan Cemetery, Mount Sylvan, Smith, Texas. 3 Record only submitted by MB on May 2, 2003, now maintained with DC information, family links, person and tombstone photos submitted by Syble Cline Glasscock
Starling married Louise Almeda BOSS on 8 Dec 1867 in , , Georgia, USA.
Noted events in their marriage were:
- Starling and Louise obtained a marriage license 3 Mar 2011. 4 Transcribed as best I can, original rec'd in an e-mail on March 3, 2011 from Mark Schmidt. I'd written him regarding the photo he added to Martha Allred Cline on findagrave.com. He responded by saying "Martha was my Great Aunt. My Great Grandmother was Amanda Alice Allred. I recently found her father's (Starling Robert Allred) Marriage record to the 4 girl's mother Louise Almeda Boss. Many records have her name as Bost or Bop but that is because of the double S character used at the time. I have attached a copy for you. The picture is of 3 of the 4 sisters"
State of Georgia &
To any Judge of the Inferior Dade County & Court Justice of the Inferior Court, Justice of the Peace or Minister of the Gospel. You are hereby authorized to Join Starlin Alread and Almeda Boss in the holy state of matrimony according to the laws of this state if they are such persons as are by law authorized to marry and this shall be your license.
Given under my hand and official signature this 5th day of Dec 1867. (signed by Joel Sutton, Ordinary)
I herby certify that Starlin Alread and Almeda Boss was duly joined in Matrimony this day by me this the 8th December 1867.
(Signed by Asa Long, J. P.)
According to Mark "(The Inferior Court was the lower or municipal court, as opposed to the Superior Court)"
- They wrote an e-mail to me on 4 Mar 2011. "The four daughters are:
Martha Caroline, 4 Nov 1868 m. David Anthony Cline
Roxie Anna, 19 Apr 1871 m. James Dick Norris (Find a Grave #48922777)
Mary Leona, 5 May 1873 m. John Francis Wade (Find a Grave #54157117)
Amanda Alice, 6 Feb 1876 m. Sidney Milton Burton (Find A Grave # 39148225)
Starling Allred's second wife was Harriet Levina Hollis b.27 Feb 1840 SC, dau of Rev. Thomas Homer Hollis and Rebecca May Rickard. They are buried in Floyd Co, GA - just got their headstone photos on Find a Grave.
Harriett married abt 1877 but died abt 1882, location unknown in GA, prob. Floyd Co.
Starling then married Mary Louise Cline in Bartow Co, GA in 1882 and by 1889 he was in Texas
George W Cline married Mary Ann Francis "Fannie" Burton, sister of Sidney Milton Burton, 18 Sep 1898 - Hill Co?
I have worked with Ann - <http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=annebw&id=I0074> for early Burton family history.
She is probably the most accurate of the Burton Geneologists for early records. I have solid information for Burtons from John who died in Henry County, TN forward, and rely on her for earlier records.
Starling next married Harriet Levina HOLLIS about 1877. (Harriet Levina HOLLIS was born on 27 Feb 1840 in , , South Carolina, USA and died about 1882 in probably Floyd county, Georgia.)
Starling next married "Mollie" Mary Martha Lauraine CLINE , daughter of George Washington CLINE  and Narcissa NEWTON , on 13 Sep 1882 in Cartersville, Bartow, Georgia, USA. ("Mollie" Mary Martha Lauraine CLINE  was born on 18 Feb 1858 in Webster, Jackson, North Carolina, USA, died on 24 Jan 1955 in Lindale, Smith, Texas, USA and was buried on 25 Jan 1955 in Mount Sylvan Cemetery, Mount Sylvan, Smith, Texas.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
- Georgia Marriages, 1808-1967: Starlin Alllred, groom and Mary Cline, 13 Sep 1882, , Bartow County, Georgia, USA. 5
Starling was working on the Railroad in Chattanooga, Tennessee with George Washington Cline father of Mary Luraine "Mollie" Cline and this is how he met Mollie. He also said that Mollie helped to raised his four daughters. While they were living in the Mt. Sylvan area, they was a branch/creek that separated their family from her brother Antny who had married Starling's oldest daughter Matt. Source: S. L. Allred, grandson of Starling & Mollie Allred.