Livingstone Relations: Descendants
compiled by Steve Wilson,
last updated June 2, 2007.
Back to Wilson's Family History.
David Livingstone and Mary Moffat had six children. Three of them,
Agnes, Oswell, and Anna Mary, married and had families. They are listed
Alexander Low Bruce & ---
- Alexander, son of Robert Bruce & Ann Low (b.
- c. 1865, dau. Agnes B. Bruce b. Islington, Middlesex, England
- c. 1867, son Robert Bruce b. Islington, Middlesex, England
- c. 1869, son Daniel G. Bruce b. Islington, Middlesex, England
Alexander Low Bruce & Agnes
- Agnes, dau. of David Livingstone & Mary
(b. 1847, Chonuane)
- 27 July 1875, m. Hamilton, Lanark, Scotland
- 1877, son David Livingstone Bruce b. Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland [d.
- 1879, dau. Mary Livingstone Bruce b. Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland [d.
- 1881, son Alexander Livingstone Bruce b. [m. Amy Sanderson
- 1886, dau. Annie Livingstone Bruce b. [m. Thomas Bussell
- 27 Nov. 1893, Alexander Bruce d. Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
- 1912, Agnes Bruce d.
- Census Records:
- 1871, Islington, Middlesex (res. 3 Canonbury Pk S,
Alexander L Bruce wd 31 brewery manager Edinburgh, Agnes B 5 Islington,
Robert 3 Islington, Daniel G 1 Islington, sis Isabella B Thomson mar 38
Edinburgh, niece Annie B 16 Dalkeith, servant Mary Hannah 25 cook
Kirkcudbright, servant Lavinia Carhew 21 nurse Pembroke)
- 1881, South Leith, Midlothian (res. 10 Regent Terr, Alexander L
Bruce 41 brewer Edinburgh, Agnes L 33 Cape, Agnes B 15 England, Robert 13
England, David L 4 Edinburgh, Mary L 1 Edinburgh, servant Isabella Macray 23
housemaid Elgin, servant Margaret Sedgwick 20 nurse Edinburgh, servant
Mary Devlin 40 cook Ireland)
- 1891, South Leith, Midlothian (res. 10 Regent Terr,
Alexander L Bruce 51 brewer Edinburgh, Agnes L 43 Kuruman, David L 14
Edinburgh, Alex L 9 Edinburgh, Annie L 5 Edinburgh, servant Annie
MacPherson 48 cook Cromdale, servant Agnes Fulton 40 nurse
Auchterarder, servant Isabella Mackenzie 32 housemaid Logie Easter,
servant James S MacRae 23 butler Edinburgh, servant Jessie Mentiplay
14 underhousemaid Addiewell)
- 1901, Edinburgh, Midlothian (res. 2 Rothesay Terr, Agnes
Bruce 53 Kuruman, David L 24 lieutenant Edinburgh, Annie L 15 Edinburgh,
servant Christina Adamson 51 cook Aberdour, servant Agnes Fulton
50 ladysmaid Auchterarder, servant Emma M Hawke 24 tablemaid England,
servant Margaret McLean 19 kitchenmaid Brin, servant Christina
McLeod 43 laundress Stornoway, Emily Sharp 22 housemaid Alloa, Joan
Wilson 24 housemaid Whittinghame)
Agnes's father had taken her to Paris in
1865 to attend a Protestant English school for girls there.
AF, Blaikie, C1871E, C1881S, C1891S, C1901S, IGI, LivFT, MoffatJ)
William Oswell Livingstone & Catherine
- Oswell, son of David Livingstone & Mary Moffat
(b. 1851, River Zouga)
- Kate, dau. of Thomas Anderson & Ann Fisher
(b. 1855, Dunoon & Kilmun, Argyll)
- 18 May 1875, m. Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
1892, Oswell Livingstone d. St. Albans, Hertford, England
- 1878, dau. Kate Agnes Livingstone b. Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland [m.
Gerald Hodgson 1897]
- 1891, St. Albans, Hertford (res. Church Crescent, Kate
Livingstone wd 33 Dunoon, Kate A 13 Glasgow, sis Annie B Crossley
wd 31 Glasgow, nephew James B 11 British Guiana, nephew Tom Anderson 9 British
Guiana, servant Eliza Ann Aubrey 21 cook Braily, servant Minnie
Irons 18 housemaid Harpenden)
- 1881, census Barony, Lanark (res. 51 W. Regent St., Ann Anderson
mar 52 fish merchant Crail, Helen H 20 shopwoman Glasgow, gd Kate A L Livingstone 3 Glasgow,
servant Margaret G Adams
23 domestic Armadale)
Oswell Livingstone attended school at Gilbertfield, near Hamilton. He accompanied the search expedition for his father led by Lt. Dawson in 1872. When they met Henry Stanley at
Bagomoyo, returning from his successful meeting with David Livingstone, the expedition was abandoned.
(Sources: Blaikie, C1881S,
Frank Wilson & Anna Mary Livingstone
31 May 1910, Frank Wilson d.
1939, Anna Wilson d.
- 3 Nov. 1882, dau. Ruth Mary Wilson b. Kendal, Westmoreland, England [m.
Alexander Macdonald 1920]
- 1884, son Hubert Francis Wilson b. Kendal, Westmoreland, England [m. Mary Mackie 1923]
- 1891, Kendal, Westmoreland (res. Castle Lodge, Frank
Wilson mar 38 woolen manufacturer Kendal, Ruth M 8 Kendal, Hubert F 6
Kendal, servant Elizabeth Peach 34 nurse Woolton, visitor Ann E
Bowness mar 48 cook Bristol, visitor Mary E 12 Middleton)
- 1891, Wisbech, Cambridge (res. 14 N Brink, Anna Mary
Wilson mar 32 S Africa, visitor at Alexander Peckover)
- 1901, Islington, Middlesex (res. 149 Highbury New Park,
Frank Wilson 48 deputation secretary Kendal, Anna M L 42 S Africa, Ruth
M 18 Kendal, boarders at Amy Angus)
- 1901, census Kendal, Westmoreland (res. Grammar School,
Hubert Francis Wilson 16 Kendal, boarder at George Hy Williams)
Frank and Anna Mary Wilson worked for the Deep Sea Fisherman Society, and afterward for the Church Missionary Society in Sierra Leone.
Son Hubert was an officer in the RAMC during World War I in Africa, was a
medical missionary with the United Free Church at Chitambo, and wrote a
biography of his grandfather.
(Sources: C1891E, C1901E, IGI, LivFT, Seaver, WilsonA)
Gerald A. T. Hodgson & Kate Agnes Livingstone
1938, Gerald Hodgson d.
1938, Kate Hodgson d.
- 1898, son Charles G. S. Hodgson b. Harpenden, Hertford, England [m. Jane
- 1903, dau. Kathleen Hodgson b. [m. John
- 1907, dau. Gwynneth Hodgson b. [m. William
Simmons-Hodge 1927, m. Robert Rodgers 1947]
- 1901, Huyton, Lancashire (res. Westmoreland Rd, Gerald A T
Hodgson 30 machinist Harpenden, Kate A L 23 Scotland, Charles G S 2
Harpenden, servant Margaret Smith 22 nurse Liverpool, servant Kate
Sumner 22 cook Kirby)
(Sources: C1901S, LivFT)