Press - Wednesday, October
Pierces Corners –
- John Brown spent a few days last week at Canton,
being drawn as a juror.
- A family reunion of the Washburn family was held at S.
J. Washburn’s on Thursday.
- Marion Hurst is visiting Edna Washburn in
Herkimer county for a few days.
- Benjamin Bresee and bride have returned from their
- Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Combs of Fine are spending a few
days with old friends.
- Callers at Wm Hess’s on Sunday were: John
Cunningham and Percy Mear of Natural Dam; Mr. and Mrs. John
Brown and daughters Minnie and Frances and Mrs. J. C.
- Forest Hosmer was a caller at J. C. Howe’s on
- Glen Hess and Rodney Matice entertained
company Saturday evening.
- Rev. and Mrs. F. J. Brown and Hazel Boothe
attended the box social held by the Kings Aid on Saturday evening.
- Mrs. Delbert Wilson is visiting relatives in New
- Mrs. M. L. Downing entertained her two daughters
- Sydney Gladle finished the porch on E. A. Downing’s
house last week.
- Archie Downing is the owner of a new horse.
- Alton Washburn had the misfortune to break his
- Edna Chase spent over Sunday at Royal Ingram’s.
- Daniel Patchen has given up the mail route on
account of failing health.
- Essie Whalen spent over Sunday with Ella Jones.
Halls Corners –
- Mr. and Mrs. George Rickett and daughter Ruth
went to New York city on the excursion where they will spend a few days
with is mother and brothers.
- Mrs. John Whitmore called on Mrs. Sterling
one day last week.
- E. Stevens spent a few days in Mexico last week.