Press - Wednesday, April
Pierces Corners –
- Mrs James Brown is in very serious condition.
- Mrs. Judson Lalone called on her mother, Mrs.
James Brown, a few days last week.
- Mrs. Ezra Newton and Theodore Brown were called to
this place on account of the serious illness of their mother, Mrs.
- Ruth Jones visited Belle Brockstead a few
days last week.
- Royal Ingram has moved to the apartments recently
vacated by Mrs. Vilas Ingram.
- William Hurley spent over Sunday with friends in
- Mrs. E. A. Downing has returned home.
- John Bailey called on John Brown on Sunday.
- John Brown has purchased a very fine horse of
Henderson and Green.
- Althea Fishbeck is visiting friends in Harrisville.
South Gouverneur –
- Mrs. Charles Miller of East Gouverneur visited at Charles
Scott’s and E. W. Mack’s Wednesday.
- Miss Kate Brown of the teachers training class and Miss
Blanche Billings visited at W. H. Storie’s Saturday and Sunday.
- Miss Genevieve Ritchie visited E. W. Mack’s Sunday.
- Mrs. R. M. Stevenson is ill.
Pine Hill –
- Mrs. M. J. Truax visited at E. A. Hurst’s over
- Mabel Sipher has been sowing for Mrs. Alvin
Whalen the past week.
- Otto Brothers bought Asa Ames sugaring
outfit and fitted up their sugar bush this spring.
- Visitors at C. J. Hutton’s on Sunday were Mr.
and Mrs. Geo Martin and family, and Mr. and Mrs. Leon Raven and
little son Albert Stanley.
- Mrs. Warren Hastings and little daughter Beatrice,
visited at Chas Raven’s this past week.
- Mrs. Mary Rathburn visited at T. W. Huttons over
- Mr. and Mrs. Xury Finley spent Tuesday at Charles
- Mrs. S. W. Ingram spent Wednesday with her uncle, Thomas
Mills, who is quite poorly.
- Miss Pearl Ames spent part of the past week at Clark
Ames in Depeyster.
- Mrs. Earl Taitt and son, James, spent
Tuesday at A. Brasie’s.
- Mr. and Mrs. T. W. Hutton spent Thursday at E.
D. Bogardus at Brasie Corners.
- Miss Evangena Sayer is sewing at George Fox’ this
Elmer L. Haile:
Elmer L. Haile, who was known to many in this section
died April 4 at his home in Charleston, West Virginia. He was 52 years old and
was a son of the late Louis J. and Lucy A. Haile.