Press - Wednesday, March
Little Bow –
- Master Jay Dodds of Canton is spending a few days
with his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Jay T. Price.
- Mrs. Greer came home last Wednesday from Watertown
where she had been visiting her son for the past two months.
- Mrs. Anna Donahue has returned to R. F. Brown’s from
North Gouverneur where she had been visiting for the past two months.
- Mr. and Mrs. B. E. Laidlaw and daughter Helen
visited at George Beaman’s last Thursday.
- Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Ferguson spent Saturday at Earl
- Miss Violet Levy spent the weekend with Mrs.
- Mr. and Mrs. R. F. Brown visited their nephew, Albert
Brown of North Gouverneur, last Wednesday and Thursday.
- Orra Bailey played at the dance at Wegatchie last
- Mr. and Mrs. George Nichols have returned from a
short visit with their daughter, Mrs. Charles McIntyre at
- Mr. and Mrs. John Davis and Mr. and Mrs. George Beaman
visited at George Beaman, Jr. Friday.
- Clark Washburn attended his grandfather’s funeral
- Grace Mills spent the weekend with her cousin, Mrs.
Pierces Corners –
- Mrs. S. J. Washburn received the sad news of the
death of her father, James Brown at Lisbon. Mr. Brown was
83 yrs old. He had been in failing health for some time. On Monday he
suffered a stroke from which he never rallied. His death occurred on Firday,
March 2nd at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Cyrus Scott. He
formerly lived with his daughter, Mrs. Washburn at this place and
was well known here. He is survived by two sons, Theodore and Turner
Brown and five daughters, Mrs. S. J. Washburn, Mrs. J. H. Lalone,
Mrs. Cyrus Scott, Mrs. Belle Heverly and Mrs. Ezra Newton. The
funeral was held from the M.E. Church in this place on Sunday Rev. M.
E. VanOrnum officiating. Burial was made in Pierces Corners cemetery.
- George Risley of Syracuse was a guest of Mrs.
William Risley a few days last week.
- George Tann is suffering from an attack of
pleurisy. He is reported a little better at this writing.
- Mr. and Mrs. Archie Downing spent Sunday afternoon
with Mrs. Anna Dane, in North Gouverneur.
- Ellis Stanton was a guest at Edwin Evans
Saturday and Sunday.