ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL
Offering genealogical and family history data, including Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, for St. Austell, Charlestown, and Treverbyn, St. Blazey, Tywardreath, St. Ewe, and Par - with material to help 'fill out the outline'.
What's new -
* We've added Tewington Manorial Records - from Original Documents held by CRO. The first, a register of sales of lands extending from 1540 through 1790, includes a wide variety of persons.
* we've added a simple SITE MAP - you can reach data or whatever interests you in a few clicks!!
* Made additions to St. Austell births, 1765 - and made some corrections. Updating will be ongoing.
* And in the "LIFE" section, we have photographs and transcriptions of the ST. EWE War Memorial, and a description of the church. Also Notes from the Register 1630 to 1830, which describe the parish boundaries in 1630, etc. courtesy of Fran.
Additional data will be included as quickly as possible.
* LDS Familysearch.org website now has all of the Church of England registers for the parishes shown above on their website. These are the original pages of the registers - although the "originals" might be copies created centuries ago.
* Please be sure to look at all the other materials such as Manorial Records, Tax returns, etc. on this site - it might help you break down one of your walls.
I'm always interested in gathering new material for the site; if you have something you wish to donate, or something you want me to add, please let me know. I'll be glad to hear from you!
You may search the site by putting either a place name or surname in the box below. ALWAYS TRY ALTERNATIVE SPELLINGS!!!
What might also help is to search using 'alternative' characters [wildcards] of * and ? --- Normally, ? represents a single character, and * is zero or more characters ----
For example -
dav*y - will return all spellings with 'dav' plus zero or more characters, followed by a y.
jul*an - will return all spellings with 'jul' plus zero or more characters, followed by 'an', ie julyyan
or jul?an - will return all spellings with 'jul' and one character, followed by 'an'. Should return Julian and Julyan.
Volunteer transcribers and contributors have spent many hours compiling their data. Please respect their copyright. No commercial use is permitted.
We're honoured to have been chosen by the British Library to be part of their WebArchiving Project, which will preserve the data we've worked so hard to transcribe and make available for free. Should a website regarding British heritage "disappear", be sure to check their Project; it may be archived!
I'm involved in the Online Parish Clerk effort, a group of volunteers who aid genealogical researchers at no cost. If you are unable to find the information you're trying to locate on this website, please feel free to contact me. I can check other resources at hand, and may be able to help. Click here.
To access a list of all OPCs for Cornwall, please click here.
Site last updated 5 March., 2014. In case of any problem or question, please contact webmaster via Email