ST. AUSTELL, southern half of parish
on the St. Austell History & Genealogy website
from The Second Part of the General Survey of England and Wales, containing the whole of Devon and a portion of the adjoining Counties
done by the
surveyors of His Majesties Ordnance, under the Direction of
Lt. Col. Mudge of the Royal Artillery, F.R.S.
taken from the Map of Cornwall - 1810
Original Scale, 1 inch to 1 mile
This map of the southern portion of St. Austell parish includes areas not in the parish; the red arrow at the bottom reflects the "tip" of the parish, near Pentewan, just north of the coast. Mulvra Mine is in the parish, while Polgooth just across the road is not. The boundary turns at Tregonjeeves, and follows the Truro Road into St. Austell. Trenance, at the top of the page, is also in the parish.
This map was taken from the book "The Old Series Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales; a Reproduction of the 110 Sheets of the Survey in Early State in 10 Volumes", held by the L.D.S. in their library, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
|Main Index||Resources||Parish Life||Photos||Maps||Genealogy||Top|
|Last updated October 24, 2009. In case of problem, please notify Webmaster. (see Index)|
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids