ST. AUSTELL - Northern Half of the Parish
on the St. Austell History & Genealogy website
from The Second Part of the General Survey of England and Wales, containing the whole of Devon and a portion of the adjoining Counties
done by the
surveyors of His Majesties Ordnance, under the Direction of
Lt. Col. Mudge of the Royal Artillery, F.R.S.
taken from the Map of Cornwall - 1810
Original Scale, 1 inch to 1 mile
This map of the St. Austell area includes St. Blazey, and Prideaux, which were not in the parish. Neither was Tregrehan - it was just across the road which marked the border. (Boscoppa, across the road, was in the parish.) On the western side, [left side of the map] Tregonjeeves marked the boundary, which extended northward to Hensbarrow, then right past Stenalees (L. and H.) to Bugle (Carne Rosemary), which was just cut off the top of this map. See the Hand-drawn map of St. Austell for a clear depiction of parish boundaries.
This map was published in "The Old Series Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales, a Reproduction of the 110 sheets of the survey in Early State in 10 Volumes", held by the L.D.S. library, Salt Lake City Utah, U.S.
|Main Index||Resources||Parish Life||Photos||Maps||Genealogy||Top|
|Last updated October 24, 2009. In case of problem, please notify Webmaster. (see Index)|