MAP OF ST. AUSTELL AREA - to FOWEY (incl Tywardreath,
on the St. Austell History & Genealogy website
from The Second Part of the General Survey of England and Wales, containing the whole of Devon and a portion of the adjoining Counties
done by the
surveyors of His Majesties Ordnance, under the Direction of
Lt. Col. Mudge of the Royal Artillery, F.R.S.
taken from the Map of Cornwall - 1810
Original Scale, 1 inch to 1 mile
The only section of this map reflecting St. Austell parish is the far left, showing Par Sands. Tywardreath was once the site of Tywardreath Priory, which owned most of the land now in St. Austell's parish borders. Today, St. Blazey Bay is covered by the title of St. Austell Bay. In the 1700's, the area marked Par Sands was under water - the bay extended all the way to St. Blazey. This map shows "Greber Head", which is Gribben Head today.
This map was published in a book entitled "The Old Series Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales; a Reproduction of the 110 sheets of the Survey in Early State in 10 Volumes", held by the L.D.S. in their library, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
Go to MAP, 1810, North
|Main Index||Resources||Parish Life||Photos||Maps||Genealogy||Top|
|Last updated Oct. 22, 2009. In case of problem, please notify Webmaster. (see Index)|