Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

ST. AUSTELL PARISH

PHOTOGRAPHS

 


 

Market House/Town Hall - Built in 1844, the building retains a fine vaulted ceiling with hammer-beam roof timbers, and stone staircases to the main hall and gallerys. After it was built, no selling from street-carts was allowed. This is where "over 2,000" people gathered during the Food Riots of 1847. Note the War memorial on the left.

Previous | Home | Next



Used with the kind permission of Charles Winpenny, copyright 2006

Main Index Resources Genealogy History Maps Parish Life Top
Last updated September 5 2009 . In case of problem, please notify Webmaster.