<--! TemplateInfocodeOutsideHTMLisLocked="true"--> StAustell Photos
Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

ST. AUSTELL PARISH

PHOTOGRAPHS

 


ST. MICHAEL's Chapel, Holy Trinity Church - the oldest part of the church; note the structure of the roof. Philip, Archdeacon of Winchester, and native St. Austellian, built this in the 1300's, and endowed it so the chantry priests could educate the children of the town. It was built just as the Early English style was developing into the Decorated; observe the tracery of the windows, and the highly unusual multifoliate window above.

Previous | Home | Next




from a photograph by Charles Woolf, Newquay, in the book by A. L. Rowse, "St. Austell"

Main Index Resources Genealogy History Maps Parish Life Top
Last updated September 4 2009 . In case of problem, please notify Webmaster.