Parents: Clement and Bernadina
Anton Mary Bernadina Clementina
Josephine Angeline Frances
Bernadine Louise Victoria Julie
Nicolene Haalund -Stallman
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Ted and Nicolene Haalund-Stallman 25 Sep 1912
Ted was born Oct. 28, 1885 at Breda, Caroll County, Iowa to Clement and Mary
Bernadina. The family moved to Iona, Minn. in 1902. He married Nicolene Haalund Sept. 25,
1912. They moved to their farm near Ogema, Minn. in 1920. He was stricken with
appendicitis on New Year's Day and was operated on immediately, but passed away in spite
of all medical attention, on Jan. 9, 1935. Nicolene passed away in April of 1972.
Clarence Leonard m. 1.
Grace Hannah Johnson who d. 1954; 2. Alice Sellseth.
Ch: Darlene, Theodore Jr., Clarice, Ronald, Arthur,
Leonard, Gene, Clarence Jr.,
Gary , Rena and three
children deceased at an early age (names unknown).
2. Theodore Jr. m. 1. Jeanne Elizabeth Unger, 2.
Jean Marie Vacca. Ch. Timothy, David, John, Michelle, Valerie, Jessica,
many grandchildren to follow if you are interested.
From Valerie Stallman
3. Sylvester - d. Nov. 23, 1988. Ch: Danial, Diane, Sharon, Mary Kay, Bonite, Twila,
4. Mildred , 1916 - . m. Cecil Maves. 3 ch: Donald, Richard and Athlene.
Last add: Detroit Lakes, Mich.
5. Marjorie - m. Lawrence Johnson. Ch: Connie, Roderick, Kenny, Brian, Joyce, Mary
6. Crysenthia, m. Leonard Monroe. 5 ch: Dennis, Janet, Jacquelyn, Toni, Bradley.
7. Inez - Ch: Eddie, Linda, Nicolene, Timothy.
8. Donald - Ch: Judy, Lynn, Bobbi, Kathy, William, Debra. Detroit Lakes, Mich.
9. Ada - Ch: Michael, Allen
10. LaVonne - m. Chester Jensen. Ch: Susan, Jeffery, Thomas, Grant. Kenosha, Wisc.
11. Duane - Ch: Derick, Randall, Lisa, Jo Ellen, Lynn (boy). Buffalo, ND.
12. Elaine (Virginia?)
- m. Nick Nelson. Ch: Paula, Bradford, Jasmine, Nickolaus, Benjamin,
Patty, Jason. Sioux City, Iowa.
The Iona Journal, Iona, Minnesota
Friday, Sep.27, 1912
Young Couple Wed
On Tuesday morning at 8:15 o’clock at St.
Columbia’s church occurred the marriage of Theodore A. Stallman and Nicolene
Haaland. Rev. Father Schneider performed the ceremony and sang the Nuptial
High Mass. The couple were attended by Frank Sterzinger and Frances Staman.
The bride is well-known here having lived on a
farm northwest of Iona for some time, but later lived in town with a sister.
The groom is the son of Clem Stallman and has lived here the past ten years.
He needs no introduction. They will make their home for the present with the
The Journal joins the community in wishing the young couple many
happy years of happy wedded life.
Someone related to me the story of Nicolene's last name. It seems she came to
America with her parents. For some reason, they returned to Holland, leaving Nicolene
behind with a family saying they would return for her. They never returned. The family she
was left with either did not know her last name or had forgotten it and therefore
gave her the last name Haalund for Holland. I think I got the story from Ted's sister,
Emma Hoffman. barbara