There have been at least three different shuls in Paducah. The first and oldest, no longer standing, was on South Fifth Street
near Adams Avenue. The second was an ornate Moorish structure built in 1893 at the corner of Seventh Street and Cleveland Avenue;
that building too is gone, replaced today by a parking lot. The current more contemporarily styled synagogue pictured below is
a mile or so removed from the downtown area of Paducah. You can learn more about the history of this synagogue and others
at The Synagogues of Kentucky: Architecture and History
by Lee Shai Weissbach. This publication also contains photos of several old Kentucky synagogues, many of which are no longer in existence.
Return to Selected Southern Jewish Databases.
Madison Street at Joe Clifton Drive
Copyright © 2008 Lynn Ann Franklin. All Rights Reserved. Prior written permission is required from Lynn Ann Franklin before
this material can be printed or otherwise copied, displayed or distributed
in any form. This
is a FREE genealogy site sponsored through RootsWeb and can be reached directly
at Selected Southern Jewish Databases (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ssjdb/index.html).