Check out my jewelry also by clicking above!
researching the family of James M. Vaughn born 1814 and Susan Reed born 1822.
They came from the unknown to Millers Creek in Estill Co., KY where James was
born and then moved to the Barbourville, Knox Co., KY area.
Main SURNAMES are: VAUGHN, REID/REED, POPE, SHORT, MOORE, MASSEY
Other surnames are: Fuller, Williams, Wyatt, McNeil, Foley, Tipton, Estes, Jackson
I am also researching the HOOD/GRIZZLE(EL)/ CARROLL/REECE families centering around Union Co., GA but not exclusive. Other surnames are Anderson, Queen, Rogers, Sampson, Fields, Flowers, Mason, Payne, and more.
Please e-mail me of any mistakes, add-ons, or questions. Thank you and I hope you enjoy my page! Note: This information is not totally documented as official but is my compilation of my family tree from family records and research on line.
Webber Reed Vaughn (1860-1931) is the son of James M. Vaughn and Susan Reed. He was married to Daisy Belle Pope (1884-1970) on March 11, 1905. They had 6 children. After Webber’s passing, Daisy married Arthur W. Cline (1882-1960). Webber & Daisy are buried in Barbourville Cem., Knox Co., KY. Arthur is buried in the Richmond Cem., Madison Co., KY Webber died while eating lunch at his sister-in-law's, Arie Pope Smith's, home in Corbin
Children of Webber Reed Vaughn and Daisy Belle Pope Vaughn:
· Woodrow Hoover Vaughn (Dec. 4, 1917-Mar. 7, 1982) and wife, Leanah Gillinwater never had any children.
· James Webber Vaughn (January 30, 1915-October 03, 1989) married Ruth Whicker. James graduated from Madison High School in 1936 in Richmond, KY. He served in World War II for 2 yrs on the Destroyer Brush and was a Machinist Mate 1st class. They were one of the first ships that went into Japan. James lived with his sister Mae and husband Jennings for a little while after his mother, Daisy moved to Knoxville, TN. James and Ruth met in Richmond, KY and lived in Red House for about three years. James passed away in Greenville, SC and is buried in Graceland East Memorial Park They had 4 children.
· John Henry Vaughn (November 21, 1905- April 23, 1989) married to Cynthia Patia Pruitt (November 12, 1927- May 18, 1998). They both passed away in Lexington, Fayette Co., KY and are buried in the Lexington Cemetery, Fayette Co., KY. They had 3 children.
· Joshua T. Vaughn (January 22, 1910- September 22, 1951) married Hazel Collins. Josh was in the army in World War II, he contracted tuberculosis while in the Philippines and died in the Veterans Hospital in Asheville, NC. Josh and Hazel never had any children.
· Minnie Mae Vaughn married Jennings Rymell, Sr. (July 24, 1896- April 30, 1963). After his passing, she married Rev. Ormal Isaac “O.I” Mendenhall (April 06, 1903- August 08, 1984),native of Hendricks County, Indiana. Minister at the Flatwoods Christian Church in Waco, KY. Both Jennings and O.I. are buried in the Richmond Cemetery, Madison Co., KY
· Charles Alexander Vaughn – See above Biography