NEW ZEALAND AND WORLD WAR ONE
These links are from the Ministry for Culture and Heritage newsletter for April 2005.
ANZAC DAY: A GUIDE FOR NEW ZEALANDERS -
Launched on 18 April 2005 to mark the 90th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings, this website includes:
- Information about the SIGNIFICANCE of Anzac Day, related traditions and rituals and some popular myths and misconceptions.
- Information about how Anzac Day is COMMEMORATED today, a typical ceremony and resources for people organising community Anzac Day events.
- A virtual guide to the BATTLEFIELDS of Gallipoli pennisula featuring images, maps and beautiful interactive panoramas supported by text by Dr Ian McGibbon.
- A fully searchable lists of all New Zealanders known to have DIED AT GALLIPOLI including their full Commonwealth War Graves Commission records. Unique to this site, these lists include the names and records of New Zealanders who fought with other forces. (The search engine can be found on the Memorials to the Missing and Cemeteries sections of the Gallipoli Guide).
- A glossary of Gallipoli PLACENAMES.
- Information, images and panoramas of Istanbul and other places en route to Gallipoli for those either PLANNING A VISIT or just wanting to see what is there.
FAMILIES I AM RESEARCHING | MISCELLANEOUS GENEALOGICAL STUFF | NEW ZEALAND — ON LINE GENEALOGICAL AND FAMILY HISTORY RESOURCES | NEW ZEALAND — YOUNG BOY IMMIGRANT SCHEME 1911 — 1914 | NEW ZEALAND DISASTERS AND TRAGEDIES | NEW ZEALAND MISCELLANEOUS GENEALOGICAL INDEXES | NEW ZEALAND LAND WARS — MISCELLANEOUS GENEALOGICAL INDEXES | NEW ZEALAND AND WORLD WAR ONE | NEW ZEALAND AND WORLD WAR TWO | NEW ZEALAND ROLLS OF HONOUR AND WAR MEMORIALS — BY LOCATION | NEW ZEALAND ROLLS OF HONOUR AND WAR MEMORIALS — BY CONFLICT | NEW ZEALAND ROLLS OF HONOUR — MILITARY NURSES | PAKEHA/MAORI TRANSLITERATIONS | PASSENGER LISTS TO NEW ZEALAND | SHAND — FAMILY HISTORY | SOUTH TARANAKI, NEW ZEALAND — GENEALOGICAL RESOURCES | SPONDON, DERBYSHIRE, ENGLAND — GENEALOGICAL RESOURCES | WANGANUI COLLEGIATE SCHOOL 1865 — 1947 | WESTERN BAY OF PLENTY, NEW ZEALAND — GENEALOGICAL RESOURCES