Mt. Nebo Baptist Church was organized March 31, 1906. The church is located four miles east of Unaka in the Upper Beaverdam Community. Rev. John H. Hampton was elected as first moderator, M. Alfred Cook was the church clerk. The church was established with the following members:
The pastors include the following:
The church used the school building until the present building was erected in 1946. The church moved into the new building July 21, 1946. Thomas Smith was moderator at that time. Maude Radford was church clerk.
June 22, 1976
©1999--present year by Sandra N. Ratledge. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any reproduction or inclusion of this website's contents in publication whether online or in print is prohibited. Do NOT copy photographs and upload on Find a Grave or any other internet websites, blogs, attach to family trees, or print in publications. Do NOT copy stories, articles, documents, sketches, anecdotes, letters, obituaries, content data, etc. and attach to family trees or upload on other websites of any kind.