A. H. (Al ) Mierau
Name of R.M.: Nipawin No: 487
Cemetery ID: #2988
Name of Cemetery: Teddington Cemetery
Name of District: Teddington
Name of Community: Gronlid Rural
Name of Denomination: Non-denominational
Condition of Cemetery: Fair
Ownership of Cemetery: Community
Approximate number of graves: 39
Legal Land Location: NW 10-49-17, W2
Recorded by: Lost River and Districts History Book Committee
Date: Summer 2008
Local Contact Persons: Rodger and Gayle Hiebert
From the Wapiti Ski Hill the cemetery is situated 1 mile south on Hwy
6, 2 miles east on the #789 Grid and ½ mile south.
The first burial in 1912 was Reginald Thompson, the son of Robert and
Orpha Thompson the owners of the land. The next burials were Reginald’s
mother Orpha Thompson in 1913 and William Thompson in 1924. In 1928, the
first non-Thompson family member was buried here – Willie D. Neufeld
the infant son of Henry U. and Susan Neufeld and a John Berg in 1929.
Since then the cemetery has been used for burials for Neufeld and Hiebert
families of the Teddington District and some of their relatives.
The cemetery is registered with the Rural Municipality. The quarter of
land the cemetery is situated on is owned by Ken Heinrichs.