Name of R.M.: Laird No.: 404
Name of Cemetery: Schmidtsburg Cemetery
Name of Community: Waldheim
Name of Denomination: Mennonite
Condition of Cemetery: Overgrown, enclosed by a barbwire fence, no current
Ownership of Cemetery: Private
Approximate number of burials: 14, (2 are marked and 12 are unmarked)
Legal Land Location: NW 32-42-6, W 3rd
Directions: South of Waldheim, about 1, 1/2 mile on hwy #312, turn west
on Schmidtsburg Road. Go 1 mile west and ½ mile south on RM trail.
Recorded by: Ted Williams (Grandson of Tobias and Justina Schmidt)
Date: August 25, 2005
Local Contact Person:
Comments: The land was originally owned by Tobias and Heinrich Schmidt.
This small cemetery is located on a trail and is enclosed by a barbwire
fence. Most of the deceased are children who died during the diphtheria
epidemic in 1899 and 1900. The Boeses children were grandchildren of Tobias
and Justina Schmidt.