Saskatchewan Mennonite Cemetery Finding Aid
Location of 9 Private Burial Sites
1. Family plot at Blumenheim NW 29-40-3 W 3rd. Going east along Blumenheim’s main street and crossing Hague grid road are 2 unmarked graves of Children. Mrs. Abram Janzen recalls seeing the mounds when she was still a young girl. She remembers (Deaf) Jacob Peters living adjacent to the site but doesn’t remember the family name of the children.
2. According to Abram Janzen, there are a few burial plots on the north side of the south access road to Neuanlage. Apparently a few deaths (Children) had occurred during the settling of the village and later the main cemetery was established at the north end of the village. Again the names of the first burials are not known. Any information would be valued.
3. Single plot, just east of the village of Gruenfeld, 2 miles north on NW1/4 of 22-40-5 w 3rd Jacob Guenther remembers that Mr. Herman Unger birth? – 1908 was buried there. Across the road from the Guenter Cemetery.
4. A private grave site on Edna Peter’s land, south ½ of
SW 13-40-5 W 3rd.
5. Son & Daughter of Mr. Mrs. Peter Unruh buried there on the homestead in the early 1900’s. Location is SE 14-41-3 W 3rd beside he range road # 785.
6. Isaac S. Klassen born 24 April 1890- died 17 Nov 1919
7. NW 16-41-3 W 3rd ½ mile north of Hague, ½ mile east and ½ mile north is the homestead of the Peters family. It is believed their 2 children were buried here before they moved to Mexico. Later a Hartz family lived there and buried their two children.
8. SW 10- 40- W 3rd, four children of Mr. & Mrs. Peter Wiens. This is south of Gruenfeld.
9. SE 18 -,…… W 3rd, Children of Mr. and Mrs. John Sawatzky are buried north of Neuhorst on the way to the Gruenfeld road. There are a large number of grain bins on the east side of the road and the site would be approximately ¼ mile east.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids