The O'Hourihane, Hor(ri)gan
Han(d)rahan, and Horan DNA Projects
This page is remaining here for legacy purposes. As of September 2014, the project is no longer analyzing autosomal DNA. Existing participants who have complied with project requirements and wish to stay in the project are grandfathered in.
How to participate in the autosomal DNA Project
A-DNA test (Family Finder, sometimes abbreviated here FF) samples can come from anybody (male or female) who has ancestry of a project-relevant surname or agnomina within the past five generations.
Participants ideally will undertake as many as possible of the additional steps listed below. If you want your data to appear on the results pages, we will need your lineage connecting you to your project ancestor. Browse some of the project test kit pages for lineage examples.
- In your FTDNA account, upload a GEDCOM of your family tree. Cyndi's List has links to many free GEDCOM utilities (e.g. GenealogyJ), or try Family Tree Builder.
When your GEDCOM file is ready, log in to your FTDNA account and click My Account | GEDCOM/Family Tree. Then follow the prompts for uploading your GEDCOM.
- In your FTDNA account, click My Account | Surnames and fill out your surname list.
- In your FTDNA account, Click My Account | Most Distant Ancestors to enter information on your oldest known paternal and maternal ancestors. These steps are all helpful to your genetic matches in FTDNA and also to your project administrators.
- Submit your lineage to a project administrator. Links to websites that publish your lineage are acceptable as long as they are not subscription-based websites. Look at existing test kit pages for examples on how to write up your lineage.
- Join the public mailing list and submit your lineage to the list for discussion.
This page is remaining here for legacy purposes. As of September 2014, the project is no longer accepting autosomal DNA participants. Existing participants who have complied with project requirements and wish to stay in the project are grandfathered in.
This email is ONLY for DNA project related questions. The administrators are not an email-forwarding service between non-members and members.
Susan J. Barretta, Project Administrator (or message hourihanedna on ancestry.com.)
Colm Ó hAnnracháin, Co-Administrator (in training)
Copyright © 2012 - 2015 Hourihane DNA ProjectsOur shortcut, http://tinyurl.com/HourihaneDNAProject will find us!
Last updated: Monday, 20-Apr-2015 11:45:38 MDT