The O'Hourihane DNA Projects
These instructions are for those who already have DNA tests on file at Family Tree DNA (FTDNA).
- 1. Log in to your FTDNA account.
- 2. Click Projects on the menu bar, then click Join.
- 3. You will see a project search page. On that page is a search box. Adjust the pull-down menu until you see the word Contains. Then type Horrigan in the box and click SEARCH. (WARNING: Searching for Hourihane does not appear to work!)
- 4. Click the link of the project called O'Hourihane.
- 5. On this Join page there will be an orange button at the bottom labeled JOIN. Click that button.
- 6. There is a chance you might see an error message. IGNORE IT.
- 7. Wait for an email confirming that you are in the project. We know your registration was successfully processed when we see your name and kit number show up in the member list.
- 8. If you do not see a confirmation email within 24-48 hours of sending your join request, email the Project Administrator.
If you have not yet done DNA testing, or you need to transfer a third party DNA test to Family Tree DNA, click here to order the appropriate product at Family Tree DNA.
Transferring a Third Party Y-DNA Product to FTDNA
If you order one of the $19 third party Y-DNA products, you will not see matches in your FTDNA account. The project administrators of any projects you join will see only the markers which were tested at the third party company, not at FTDNA.
If you purchase the $19 transfer, then later decide you want to upgrade and see matches, you take the following steps:
- Log in to your FTDNA account.
- Click the orange ORDER AN UPGRADE button.
- Click ORDER A STANDARD TEST.
- Choose (as an example) UPGRADE Y-DNA46 to Y-DNA37.
- Once that testing is completed, you will see your FTDNA matches.
Visit the DNA page for information on DNA tests.
Copyright © 2012 - 2013 Hourihane DNA Projects
When you aren't near a hyperlink, http://tinyurl.com/HourihaneDNAProject will find us!
Last updated: Sunday, 05-May-2013 10:55:26 MDT