Klamath River from above the Ferry Point
This Web site was created and originally designed by Judy Hart,
she gave her heart to her family and Genealogy. In Loving Memory
Her genealogy research left for other family members to
The Robert Lee Southard Family of Ferry Point
Welcome to the National Migrations Project Page for Siskiyou County, CA.
The purpose of these pages
to track those Family Members
who made the trek to California...It's allure beckoned many.
Since 1850, boundaries of Siskiyou County have changed many times to
include portions of
Shasta, Trinity, Del Norte, Humboldt, Modoc, Lassen and Tehama
Counties and also Klamath County which is no longer existing
Pictures and Images:
- Gold, Greed and Genocide
- Karuk Language Resources and other links
- Karuk Tribe, Cultural Resumgence of the, Reclaimation of Katimin
- Photographic Representation of California Indians, Alfred Kroeber
- Sacramento Bee, November 19, 1961
- Florence Harrie, Karok Indian basketweaver, continues the artistry developoed centuries before the arrival of the white man in the secluded Quartz Valley which is her home in Siskiyiyou County. Willows, hazel sticks, pine roots, porcupine quills and ferns are her raw materials with alder bark and moss used to dye the materials rich browns and yellows. Under quickly moving fingers the water soaked materials are woven into baskets, water jugs, hats and cradle baskets in which the Indian babies are carried. by Richard K. Kelly Bee Color Photo by Donald Horton. Florence Harrrie shows her baskets
- Siskiyou News ~ 12 May 1941
- These are various articles, ads and obituaries that I scanned from a 12 May 1941 Siskiyou News. I tried to scan anything that had Siskiyou County names in it. Hope somebody finds something that may help them in their quest for family information. :)
Obituary Frank Elliot Obituary Mrs. Anna M. McLaughlin Obituary Ross Mascaro Article Goodrich/Rohrer Article Montague Article Little Shasta Article Fort Jones Article Grenada Article Etna Ad C. E. Hall Ad Ernest Lilly Obituary Thommas Hill Article Hilt Ad Kersch/Messner/Parker Obituary Mrs. Archie Attebery Article Newton Article Yale Obituary Paul Harris Article LocalsSiskiyou County Tid-BitsAlthough Siskiyou County was a very remote area, there were many, many interesting people and stories. Under this heading I hope to display some of those. If you have something that you would like to contribute, let me know. It MUST BE Siskiyou County related.
Chemawa Indian School enrollment book
1934 Indian Census
These pages were given to me by a friend. They are from
book of a 1934 Indian Census. She photocopied them, but did
not write the name of the book down, so the only information
that I have on this is what is at the top of the pages...
"Census of the Siskiyou and Trinity Indians taken by
O.M. Boggess". Due to the fact that some of these people
are still living, I have crossed out their roll numbers.
Some of the photocopies were off centered, so some of
the information on some of the pages was cut off.
1918 Siskiyou Daily News Clipping
**Contributed by: Hazel Roberts Davis Gendron**
This is a clipping from the Siskiyou Daily News about 1918... a "Letter to the Editor" written in World War I to Forest Supervisor Rider of Yreka by Captain E.W. Kelley, Co. F. 10th Engineers in France. He writes about all the Siskiyou County "boys" that are in that company. Hazel's Father was among those written of and a picture of Lawrence J. Roberts is included with the clipping. Indian Creek School about 1920
**Contributed by: Hazel Roberts Davis Gendron**
Below are links to 4 pages of the Indian Creek School Visitor
and Enrollment Register for 1925/1926.
Justices of the Peace
Siskiyou County Links
1856 - 1111 John PRINDLE Happy Camp
1860 - 1863 Peter H. PEVELER 1864 - 1865 Alphonso DOOLITTLE 1866 - 1870 Henry DOOLITTLE 1873 - 1879 Albert DOOLITTLE 1879 - 1880 Moses A. FERGUSON 1880 - 1882 Henry W. TUTTLE 1883 - 1893 Stephen S. COLBY 1894 - 1898 Moses A. FERGUSON 1898 - 1910 W. J. BROWN 1911 - 1914 Robert Lee SOUTHARD 1915 - 1922 Samuel S. FARRIS 1923 - 1925 Albert HILE 1925 - 1926 Herbert G. BOORSE 1926 - 1930 W. J. BROWN 1931 - 1935 James B. NESBIT 1935 - 1936 Charles E. REAGAN 1936 - 1942 Philip M. TOLEMAN 1943 - 1944 Albert B. TITUS 1944 - Philip M. TOLEMANCalifornis LinksMisc Genealogy Links
ALL-IN-ONE SEARCH PAGE-Over 500 search engines, databases, indexes, and directories American History & Genealogy Project American Local History Network Ancestry.Com Books: abebooks.com, rare, used & out-of-print Census Online Links Civil War and 19th Century Medical Terminology Congress, Library of Federal Land Patent Records (BLM) Genealogy Mail Lists GenForum Gold Rush, http://www.calgoldrush.com/ Gold Rush, http://www.notfrisco.com/calmem/goldrush/ Gold Rush Letters of Samuel Stone Richardson Gold Rush, The First Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild LDS Family Search Maritime Heritage Project Newspaper Extracts, 1853-1922 by states and counties Overland Trail *links galore* RootsWeb Ship Search, surname search of passenger lists USGenWeb
revision Thursday, 24-May-2007 10:18:04 MDT
For contributions, additions email Hazel Gendron