Collins Hickox Huntington
- Born: 29 May 1807, Addison VT
- Marriage (1): Charlotte Marie Freligh on 6 Jul 1853 in Saint Albans VT
- Marriage (2): Caroline Cornelia Streit on 30 May 1836 in Montreal Canada
- Died: 20 Mar 1888, Saint Albans VT
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked before 1842 as a watchmaker in Montreal Canada
- He worked from 1842 to 1865 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Saint Albans VT listed in Walton's Register and various directories working in his shop opposite the Court House. 16
- He was a partner in 1852 with William M. Beeman in Saint Albans VT 16
- Advertised in the Bangor Daily Whig and Courier (Bangor ME), 18 May 1861, as part of a group endorsement of the Waltham Watch Company.
- New York Times, 19 Oct 1864.
THE WAR IN VERMONT
St. Albans Attacked by British Guerrillas. Three Banks Robbed and Five Citizens Shot.The Raiders Pursued by Armed Citizens.
ST. ALBANS, Vt., Wednesday, Oct. 19
An invasion of this town took place to-day. Some twenty or twenty-five armed desperadoes, supposed to be in the rebel employ from Canada, made an assault on the several banks about 4 o'clock this afternoon. The National Bank was robbed of about $50,000, mostly in bills. The St. Albans Bank was robbed of between $70,000 and $80,000, and the Franklin County Bank of a considerable amount. Some twenty horses were also seized by the desperadoes and carried off. Several citizens who resisted were deliberately shot. Two were wounded seriously, and it is feared fatally. E.G. Morrison, a contractor, and C.H. Huntington, a jeweller. Several others are reported slightly injured. The raiders threatened to burn the town, and left in the direction of Canada. A large party of armed citizens have gone in pursuit.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Saint Albans VT, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Saint Albans VT, listed as a retired jeweler.
Collins married Charlotte Marie Freligh on 6 Jul 1853 in Saint Albans VT. (Charlotte Marie Freligh was born on 13 May 1818 in Frelighsburg, Quebec and died on 25 Feb 1903 in Burlington VT.)
Collins next married Caroline Cornelia Streit on 30 May 1836 in Montreal Canada. (Caroline Cornelia Streit was born on 16 Jul 1806 in Quebec Canada and died before Jul 1853 in Saint Albans VT.)