- Born: 11 Sep 1726, Guilford CT
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth Parmelee about 1760 in Guilford CT
- Marriage (2): Hannah Meigs on 25 Oct 1749 in Guilford CT
- Died: 11 May 1821, New Haven CT
Events in his life were:
- He worked before 1770 as a silversmith in Madison CT 3
- He worked after 1770 as a silversmith in New Haven CT where his shop was located at southeast corner of Gregson Alley and Chapel Street, west of the shop of his brother-in-law, Abel Buell. 3
- Beaker, 1792
h: 4 3/16"
d: 2 3/4" (of base)
wt: 5 oz, 6 dwt
Engraved "Presented / to the / CHURCH of CHRIST / in / NORTHFORD / by / Saml Bartholomew / March 15 / 1792"
- Beaker, 1796
h: 4 3/4"
d: 3 1/16" (of base)
Engraved "Given by Mr Ebenezer Robertson / To / the Church in Durham. / 1796" The downer's surname was actually Robinson. His will of 1780 bequested a sum of money sufficient "to procure a silver cup for the use of the Lord's Table. . . "
- Flagon, c 1798-1799
First Church Derby CT 14
wt: 72 oz
Engraved A / Gift / to the first / CHURCH OF CHRIST / in / DERBY / by / NL FRENCH / 1781. Nathaniel French included in his will (1781) the sum of £40 to purchase a flagon for the church, but it was not purchased until April 1800.
Ebenezer married Elizabeth Parmelee, daughter of Joseph Parmelee and Abigail Kimberly, about 1760 in Guilford CT. (Elizabeth Parmelee was born on 21 Nov 1728 in Guilford CT and died in 1820 in New Haven CT.)
Ebenezer next married Hannah Meigs on 25 Oct 1749 in Guilford CT. (Hannah Meigs was born on 20 Nov 1727 in Salisbury CT and died on 15 Feb 1751.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005