Bradbury Melon Bailey
- Born: 16 May 1824, Unity NH
- Died: 17 Jan 1913, Rutland VT
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked from 1843 to 1848 as a silversmith in Woodstock VT as a journeyman in the shop of his master, Roswell Bailey. 8
- He worked from 1848 to 1853 as a silversmith and jeweler in Ludlow VT 16
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Ludlow VT, listed as a silversmith.
- He worked from 1853 to 1881 as a silversmith and jeweler in Rutland VT shop located at 17 Merchants Row. Ceased silversmithing in 1875, but continued as a jeweler and watchmaker. 16
- Advertised in the Vermont Almanac and Statistical Register, 1853, as a jeweler. 4
- Receipt, 8 Jul 1856
Rutland July 8 1856
Jas M Bailey
Bot of B M Bailey
2 set Silver Teas
1 pr Tables 64 pwt
1 " " 55 "
If you do not want all these spoons, sell
them to some body
- Advertised in the Vermont Directory and Commercial Almanac, 1857, as a manufacturer of silverware, jeweler, purveyor of fancy goods. 4
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Rutland VT, listed as a jeweler.
- Advertised in the Walton's Register, 1868-1871, as BAILEY & PARKER, silversmiths, jewelers, and watchmakers 4
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Rutland VT, listed as a manufacturing silversmith.
- He was a partner from 1871 to 1875 with Chester Parmenter and Walter H. Parmenter in Rutland VT as BAILEY & PARMENTERS. At the death of Walter in 1874, the name changed to BAILEY & PARMENTER. Chester Parmenter was his former journeyman. 16
- Tradecard, bef 1875
- Advertised in the Gazetteer of Rutland County, 1875-1881, as B. M. Bailey, jeweler. 4
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Rutland VT, listed, with surname mis-spelled as Burley, as a silversmith.
- Tradecard, c 1880