- Born: 13 Jul 1775, Roxbury MA
- Marriage: Sarah Dakin on 29 Nov 1804 in Concord MA
- Died: Oct 1859, Boston MA
Silversmith and clockmaker
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed from 1789 to 1796 to Simon Willard in Roxbury MA
Simon Willard said of him in 1796 that "Daniel Munroe, Jun. has served an Apprenticeship of seven years with me...[and] I do pronounce him as one of the best workmen in America."
- He worked in 1797 as a clockmaker in Roxbury MA as a journeyman in the shop of Simon Willard.
- He worked from 1798 to 1807 as a silversmith and clockmaker in Concord MA as DANIEL MONROE & Co, in association with his brother Nathaniel. 4
- He worked from 1807 to 1838 as a silversmith and clockmaker in Boston MA 4
- Watch paper, c 1820
Historic New England
In a watch marked by WHEELOCK & MORSE
- Wall clock, c 1821
h: 40 1/2"
Inscribed "DANIEL/MUNROE" on the lower glass. Mahogany, mahogany and other veneers, pine, painted iron, brass, steel, and painted glass.
- He worked from 1839 to 1840 as a silversmith and clockmaker in New York City NY 4
- He worked from 1841 to 1856 as a silversmith and clockmaker in Boston MA 4
Daniel married Sarah Dakin on 29 Nov 1804 in Concord MA. (Sarah Dakin was born on 29 Jul 1781 in Lincoln MA and died in Aug 1856 in Boston MA.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005