- Born: 1 Jan 1710, Beverly MA
- Marriage: Sarah Salter on 27 Nov 1735 in Boston MA
- Died: Jul 1748, Boston MA
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed from 1724 to 1732 to John Burt in Boston MA 9
- He worked from circa 1732 to 1748 as a silversmith in Boston MA
- Advertised in the Boston Gazette (Boston MA), 13 Mar 1738, reporting the loss of a thimble ". . . markd NHI Blowers. 4
- Tankard, c 1740
Boston Museum of Fine Arts 10
h: 8 3/16"
d: 5 1/4" (base)
wt: 23 oz, 7 dwt
Engraved EF on handle. Listed in Ebenezer Storer's inventory of plate, taken in 1785, he recieved from Seth and Mary Storer. The initials may be those of Edmund Fowle, one of the witnesses to Seth Storer's will.
- Pepper pot, c 1740
wt: 2 oz 15 dwt
Engraved S over E * M and G over B * S, the second possibly for Benjamin and Susanna (Smith) Goodspeed, the first for her parents.
- Advertised in the Boston Gazette (Boston MA), 23 Dec 1746, "A large new fashioned Spoon marked RRL the makers name I Blowers." 4
John married Sarah Salter on 27 Nov 1735 in Boston MA. (Sarah Salter was born on 21 Mar 1715 in Boston MA and died in Boston MA.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005