- Born: 1715, New York City NY
- Christened: 16 Jun 1715, New York City NY
- Marriage: Catherine Comfort on 4 Jun 1737 in New York City NY
- Died: Jun 1769, New York City NY
Events in his life were:
- Made freeman of New York City NY, 20 Mar 1738. 8
- Tankard, c 1740
h: 7 3/4"
wt: 34 oz
- Creamer, c 1760
h: 4 1/2"
wt: 4 oz, 19 dwt
- Teething rattle, c 1755
Metropolitan Museum of Art
l: 6 1/8"
wt: 2 oz, 13 dwt
- Advertised in the New York Gazette and the Weekly Mercury (New York City NY), 30 Jan 1769, "To be Let, and enter'd upon the 1st of May next, The house in which Nicholas Roosevelt now lives, at the lower end of Thames Street, on the wharf fronting the North-River: The conveniency and commodiousness of the situation excells any on the river; it fronts two slips, one of which is near 100 feet broad, and the greatest part of the year is fill'd with boats and crafts, from the Jersies and North-River. Is a roomy and convenient house, with seven fire-places; a large yard, in which is a pump and cistern, and a garden and grass plot. Likewise a silver-smith's shop to be let, and the tools of the trade to be sold. Also to be sold by said Roosevelt, a parcel of ready made silver, large and small, Viz. Silver tea-pots and tea spoons, silver hilted swords, sauce-boats, salts and shovels, soup-spoons both scollep'd and plain, table spoons, tea-tongs, punch ladles and strainers, milk-pots, snuff-boxes, and sundry other small articles, both gold and silver, as buckles, clasps, buttons, broaches, rings, and lockets, both plain and set with paste moco, &c. &c. which he will sell very reasonable, as he intends declining business, and to move in the Country in the Spring." 4
- Received a commission from City for two gold boxes, for which he was paid £ 38/o8/oo. 8
Nicholas married Catherine Comfort on 4 Jun 1737 in New York City NY. (Catherine Comfort was born in 1717 in New York City NY and was christened on 18 Aug 1717 in New York City NY.)