- Born: 29 Feb 1672, Boston MA
- Marriage: Elizabeth Edwards on 22 Jul 1697 in Boston MA
- Died: 1760, Boston MA
Events in his life were:
- He worked from circa 1690 to 1740 as a silversmith in Boston MA 10
- Beaker, c 1693
Yale University 13
h: 5 1/2"
d: 3 11/16"
wt: 13 oz, 16 dwt
Given to the Church of Ipswich, June 1693 by bequest of John Wainwright. Possibly made by John Allen, before the adoption of his known mark.
- He was a partner from about 1696 to 1702 with John Edwards in Boston MA as ALLEN & EDWARDS. 3
- Boston MA, 1697: with his partner, John Edwards, sued silversmith Jonathan Belcher for monies lent him and clothing provided to him "on account." Belcher was probably serving as a journeyman to the firm. 9
- Bellied cann by ALLEN & EDWARDS, c 1700
h: 4 1/8"
wt: 6 oz, 4 dwt
- Spout cup by ALLEN & EDWARDS, c 1700
Detroit Institute of Art
h: 5 1/4"
Engraved with the Dudly family crest in a shell and scroll cartouche.
John married Elizabeth Edwards, daughter of John Edwards and Elizabeth Walker, on 22 Jul 1697 in Boston MA. (Elizabeth Edwards was born in England.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005